Need Help Finding 3800 Oil Jacket Plug by hinesb1890
Started on: 12-01-2013 02:16 PM
Replies: 5 (135 views)
Last post by: hinesb1890 on 12-02-2013 10:38 AM
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The machine shop I took my engine block to forgot to replace one of the plugs on my block, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement. I will probably contact the shop tomorrow but if I can order it on my own I would prefer that. The plug is circled in the picture below…

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, someone must know!
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would check with a dealer or pull one from a wreckers engine. Dan
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dealer couldn't find it...
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You said in an earlier post that you put a screw in but it didn't seal. Was that because the hole is tapered? If it is, you could get a couple of pipe plugs in imperial and metric sizes to try. Maybe you can check the thread pitch with a thread gauge to narrow the choices? (You'd think a factory manual would show the part...)
hinesb1890

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

You said in an earlier post that you put a screw in but it didn't seal. Was that because the hole is tapered? If it is, you could get a couple of pipe plugs in imperial and metric sizes to try. Maybe you can check the thread pitch with a thread gauge to narrow the choices? (You'd think a factory manual would show the part...)

It may be tapered but I don't know how to tell for certain, there is a diagram of the installation of the part in my service manual but no more information on it... the "bolt" in there now is actually a pipe plug but it's not quite right, I tried both imperial and metric versions. I don't believe mine are tapered though which could be the issue.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock