New Rack and Pinon Source?? by 4thfiero
Started on: 11-29-2013 09:54 AM
Replies: 7 (274 views)
Last post by: 4thfiero on 11-29-2013 11:43 PM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found out my rack and pinon is done...does anyopne know where to get a new one?? Or i guess a rebuilt ones? 88 fiero.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought one from the Fiero Factory years ago. I had bought a rebuilt one from the Fiero store and the original must have been damaged in the past as it had a "catch" in it when turning the wheel. It never went away. The always is a potential of faulty parts when buying used or rebuilt ones.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many 88 steering racks get rebuilt by their owners. It depends on what 'done' is.....but often it is the bushing on the passenger side.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does one rebuild a steering rack? And what i was told was my rack bushing are "pounded" my tie rods go up and down as well as side to side, and theres play felt in the steering wheel.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the 88 and 86 have different steering racks? i might still have a good one from an 86...can i throw that into my 88?? will that work?
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 Rack that I pulled to install power steering. If your interested either email or PM me.

Joe Sokol
sokolja@roadrunner.com

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the 88 racks only have ONE bushing on the passanger side? Dickman only sells one bushing...what about the other side?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock