interion shifter plate by newfiejeff
Started on: 11-26-2013 11:58 AM
Replies: 9 (274 views)
Last post by: fierogtlt1 on 11-29-2013 07:05 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2m4 5 speed

Hi, I need my shifter console plate replaced it's cracked and they had put rivets in it. What are you thoughts on those decals on Ebay they are selling that go on over the trim in the car?

What is everyone doing for that trim?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps you could include a link to the eBay decals you mention. I'd probably start by finding a good used one, but the decals might be another angle.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go the decal route for your trim plate, you will still need to find one that doesn't have any major blemishes or cracks in it or similar with it. Any imperfections or issues with the face of the plate will "transfer" to the decal when you put it on.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that might be the case, but I seen them custom ones in the mall, so I may go with that.
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The replacement polished aluminum one from the Fiero store is nice. I got one and it is more comfortable than the original. It is a decent option. It is thick enough that defects underneath are not an issue.

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 11-27-2013).]

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the Dash and console & AC plates in mine, I used "wrinkle finish" Black paint, has a stock European look.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:
the Dash and console & AC plates in mine, I used "wrinkle finish" Black paint, has a stock European look.

I actually thought about doing that once. And one of the good things about doing something like that is minor imperfections in the parts would not be an issue; they would likely all get covered. I could see somebody doing the trim plates, the switch bezels and such, and it'd probably work out pretty well. Would likely go well with a dark grey dash.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came across this in The Mall, they look pretty cool

http://www.tomsdigitalelect...kit_for_stock_gauges
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad, but then that's $140 compared to 10
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like one of these shifter plates?

[URL=http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/fierogtlt1/media/Center%20Console%20Skeleton%20Template/SANY0445_zps2a76a3de.jpg.html][/URL ]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock