reccomend a scanner by buster46506
Started on: 11-26-2013 08:08 AM
Replies: 5 (224 views)
Last post by: Robertzep2 on 11-26-2013 07:13 PM
buster46506

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buster46506Send a Private Message to buster46506Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi. I have a stock 1988 2.8 AT. I have made a lot of overall repairs over 12 years. Now I have a tuning problem. I posted last week the symptoms with many helpful replies. Since it seems I need to verify many sensor inputs to the ECM, I could use a scanner. I will not use it very often so I do not want to spend a lot. Questions, are any specific scanners hanging up in the discount stores suitable for the Fiero? or any software/cable interface systems reasonable? I have no experience with either of these on the Fiero and you guys have. As a note last year I bought a cable for the daughters VW and used a limited demo program with great success. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get the Free software and a data cable and hook it up to a laptop. Im sure someone on the forum knows the link.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well....

I would recommend my cable along with TunerPro RT. I am the only one selling an ALDL OBD1 cable on ebay. It sells for $59.95 plus shipping on ebay. I also sell the cable on my website - http://reddevilriver.com/aldl.html. The cost there is $55.00 and includes US shipping. Same cable just doesn't include you paying for ebay fees. Your 88 Fiero has a 12 pin ALDL cable connector so make sure that is the version you buy if you buy one.

Along with the cable drivers on the disk I include a variety of scanner programs. I recommend Tunerpro RT above the others. TunerPro RT in it's free version runs 100% after a 10 second 'nag' screen. If you wish you can purchase a $39.00 license and avoid the nag screen however it is never necessary and other than the nag screen there is no difference in operation.

Even if you don't purchase my cable you should still download and use my install disk. It includes TunerPro RT and the definition files for most GM OBD1 applications. The disk can be downloaded for free here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/224...River%20USB-ALDL.zip - It is one of the few places you can get the .adx TunerPro RT data acquisition definition that I wrote for the 87 - 88 2.5 Fiero.

Now after all that self promotion I need to get a tissue and clean up.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would recommend it too, FWIW.
buster46506

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buster46506Send a Private Message to buster46506Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have ordered the RedDevilRiver package from the website and am looking forward to using it. I will follow the suggestion to first try the TunerPro RT application. I will post what I find.
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will be very happy with your purchase! I bought phonedawgz cable it is top notch. It helped me sort out a bunch of things. I highly recommend Tuner Pro RT too, just go for a cruise log your trip and study the data later.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock