Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  cruise control preformed vacuum lines, any source?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
cruise control preformed vacuum lines, any source? by hdryder
Started on: 11-25-2013 03:10 PM
Replies: 6 (415 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 04-25-2014 05:34 PM
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The preformed vacuum lines back at the Cruise Control Vacuum Pot Actuator area are dry rotted and not sealing.

Is there any source or has anyone found a decent fix for this issue?

I'm thinking I may have to use new rubber tubing along with some angled plastic tube connectors for the bends.

Thanks for the help.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked for preformed hose but couldn't come up with anything.I use what you are talking about. Just vacuum hose with 90 degree plastic elbows. look good and worked out fine
Tooshea

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToosheaSend a Private Message to ToosheaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a picture of how the vacuum lines are routed for the C.C.?? I cant find a good picture to work from. This car.. I swear... Its a good thing that tires cant seize up on the wheels. UGH!

------------------
Tim and Lynn
1987 Fastback GT in restore mode..

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there only one design for all years? I can have them made up if there is some demand. I would need to find samples but that should be very easy.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Tooshea

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToosheaSend a Private Message to ToosheaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've found the basic vacuum diagrams but none that show you where the lines should be connected for the cruise control. I'm trying to work from pictures but no one ever says, "Hey guys look at my cruise control pictures!" The pictures I've seen have been few and very hard to make out since the person wasnt trying to get a shot of their VAC can and hose lines.. Just mostly engine pics that Im working from..
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Is there only one design for all years? I can have them made up if there is some demand. I would need to find samples but that should be very easy.

I want to replace my lines with the OEM hard plastic tubing but cannot find it online. I assume NLA? \
What does one do, just replace with rubber 1/4?

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mckaymotoworks:

I want to replace my lines with the OEM hard plastic tubing but cannot find it online. I assume NLA? \
What does one do, just replace with rubber 1/4?

Just use rubber tubing.

Rodney does sell a replacement metal hard line replacement kit for all the hard plastic ones on the engine though if you prefer this look (can be painted/powder coated black).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock