TH125 trans. lines connections, question by hdryder
Started on: 11-23-2013 11:41 AM
Replies: 2 (125 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-24-2013 02:19 AM
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I understand, it may not matter how the transmission coolers lines are connected for the radiator loop.

But does anyone know how these lines were connected at the factory during the original build?

Thanks for the help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Leukay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just did this on my 87 GT. From what I found, one line connects from the lower fitting on the trans to the top of the rad, and the other from the top fitting on the trans to the bottom of the rad. I haven't done very extensive testing of it, but I got the engine and trans warmed up and didn't see any problems
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big loop of rubber line, loop held up by bracket on trans, goes to Bottom port on trans. Steel line points to trunk.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock