No check engine light at all also don't hear fuel pump priming by Shonyman32
Started on: 11-22-2013 04:16 PM
Replies: 5 (392 views)
Last post by: Shonyman32 on 11-23-2013 07:48 PM
Shonyman32

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no check engine light when I turn my key to the on position or when cranking.
My fuel pump is not priming.
Car suddenly died when started up and driving home from work. Died after about 30 seconds of driving home after starting.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without hearing the pump its most likley the pump.
But when you turn your key to the on position what lights do light up?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-22-2013).]

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brake ajar and thermostat.
Also the pump is less than a year old. I bought it in February and installed it in march and only have 4700 miles on the new pump.
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The check engine light should come on if the pcm is turning on, the pcm turns on the fuel pump relay. Check for blown pcm fuses in the fuse block & the 1-wire fusible link connector (clears pcm memory) by the battery.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's an 84 - Most likely the problem is loose wires or a broken fusible link at the starter.

If 85+ check the ECM reset connector. With no light and no fuel pump it sounds like your ECM isn't working. Most likely the problem with a non-functioning ECM is that it is not getting the proper power to it. There are two power wires to the ECM, one switched and one unswitched. It will not function unless it has power on both leads.

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys very much. My water pump pulley had grinded through the ECM reset connector.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock