I Can't Find This Part!!!! by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 11-22-2013 01:39 PM
Replies: 9 (341 views)
Last post by: Curtisk1060 on 11-23-2013 12:25 PM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesClick Here to Email RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a right rear brake caliper for a 1988 Formula and I can't find one anywhere! The fiero store has an incorrect listing, O'Reillys doesn't have it, Napa doesn't, and apparently nobody remanufactures them anymore. Napa says they know a place out in Denver but they wantthe money up front. Does anyone know where I could get one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Click Here to Email fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.oreillyauto.com/...7&pt=03345&ppt=C0066
Cardone® Friction Choice - Brake Caliper

Part Number: 18-4309

Line: A1
limited lifetime warranty
• UPC: 745946143533
•Caliper
•Remanufactured
•Rear Right
•Metal Piston
•Without Mounting Bracket
•Installation Hardware Included
•Unloaded Caliper
•Includes Installation Hardware
•Bracket Included: No
•Mounting Hardware Included: Yes
•New Or Remanufactured: Remanufactured
•Length (In): 9.563 Inch
•Width (In): 7.250 Inch

Detailed Description

•100% O.E.-specific rubber seals ensure like-new performance.
•100% pressure testing guarantees proper braking function on the vehicle.
•Copper washers are included for a perfect seal.
•Every Friction Choice Caliper consistently includes all hardware needed to ensure quick, convenient installation, while offering you the choice to install your own preferred grade of pads.
•Friction Choice Calipers are offered with or without mounting bracket, so you can choose the configuration that best meets your needs.
•New bleeder screws provide trouble-free bleeding and a positive seal.
•Plastic cap plug in brake port line protects threads before installation.

Additional Details
•Bleeder Screw Thread Size: M10X1.50
•Casting ID/Reference Number: 7542
•Color: Black
•Finish: Rust Preventative Finish
•Inlet Port Thread Size: M10X1.50
•Number Of Pistons: 1
•Piston Material: Metal

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 11-22-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (90)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroClick Here to Email mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
x2 on RockAuto & CalipersOnline. The worst part is dealing with the core charges, but even that's not a big deal.

I believe we will always be able to get rebuilt calipers for our cars.......Cardone rebuilds them as well as Calipersonline. The parts are simple and cheap, so there really is no reason to worry. Now finding them at the big chain stores is another story. With such a small demand we can't expect these places to stock or list parts like this for very much longer.....it'll be something you have to deal with directly from the rebuilder and I'm OK with that.

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilClick Here to Email PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Autozone carries them too $72.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I believe we will always be able to get rebuilt calipers for our cars.......Cardone rebuilds them as well as Calipersonline.

Only IF the rebuilder gets cores back.

Axles and steering racks are getting harder to come by because they don't get the cores.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Autozone carries them too $72.

A few years ago, I had to replace a frozen caliper on my 87 GT. The sites all list the part, but I went to every AutoZone/Advance/NAPA/etc… in the area, and nobody had any or could get one. I'd expect it would be very difficult to find one. I ended up pulling one off my 85 GT and rebuilding it, instead.

If the caliper is rebuildable, just get a rebuild kit for it. It's not terribly difficult to do, though getting the piston back in at the right position can be frustrating. And a rebuild kit is $10 instead of $70-80 + core. Unless the piston or bore are damaged, that's all a remanufactured one is going to have done to it as well. They get stripped, cleaned, rebuilt, and sold. Also, you should do both sides at the same time. So save yourself $150 and just rebuild them yourself.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check to see if you have a "Delco-line" in your area. When a friend needed a rear caliper for an 88 no regular source had them including our Northern VA Delco-Line, however, the Philly hub had 80+ ! available. He ordered and had it for pick up the next day.

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Click Here to Email Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the best place to obtain rebuild kits for 88 calipers? My local NAPA stores do not stock them. I have not had any luck finding them. Autozone, O-Reilly's , etc. also don't even list a part no.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock