replacing frount hub by My1stMidEng
Started on: 11-22-2013 10:33 AM
Replies: 3 (416 views)
Last post by: My1stMidEng on 11-23-2013 03:14 PM
My1stMidEng

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My1stMidEngSend a Private Message to My1stMidEngEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking around trying to find out if (and with what) the front hubs on an 88 can be replaced with a different one from another car. A search here only produced one thread and the link was bad.

I'm pushing the wheel width on the front and I can't use a spacer. I'm hoping there's a different hub I can use that might increase my wheel options.

Can anyone help?

thanks
Frank
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 front wheel bearing is unique to the 88 fiero, and using anything else requires some machine work on the bearing and/or upright. The nice thing with the 88 front wheel bearing is the wheel flange is large enough that you can have it redrilled for the 5x115, 5 x 4 3/4" or some other pattern and use different wheels.

Here is one with the 4 3/4" pattern:
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not sure exactly what your trying to do. Are you attempting to install diffrent wheels or wider wheels? You might try longer wheel studs and a spacer. If you installed a wide body kit, you might buy wheel adaptor spacers, those are spacer with stude, they are bolted down useing the stock fiero studs and lugs.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 11-23-2013).]

My1stMidEng

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My1stMidEngSend a Private Message to My1stMidEngEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am installing wider wheels and in the front the only option I've seen so far is to use a spacer. But I would like to avoid that. I thouhgt I see if other hub have been swapped-out and if those might work better for me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock