GT 3D Model? by gem1138
Started on: 11-20-2013 04:45 PM
Replies: 15 (1252 views)
Last post by: gem1138 on 03-05-2014 08:39 AM
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen this question asked several times over the years: Does anyone have a 3d model (computer that is) of a Fiero (preferably a GT)?
I haven't yet seen the desirable answer though.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pilot Abileen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is fabulous. Unfortunately I am just reemployed after two months laid off thus paid membership is a little steep for me at this time though worth every penny I bet. I dug through my files and found a model of my M-Audio midi controller that I'd made years ago to upload. Now I will just have to wait for the review process to be completed so I can download this puppy and get to work.

FYI: I want to design a combination high wing and air inlet. The inlet is to feed the air to air intercooler of the new 420 HP 3.6 L twin turbo V6 that GM just came out with. That will be a very expensive conversion, at least $30 I'm guessing. There is nothing I'd rather do with $30k that I can think of.

I envision an air inlet in the middle of the wing on top central fin. Engine compartment cooling air flow depends on having low pressure above the rear deck. Unfortunately, that also produces lift. The high wing should produce enough down force to counter that lift while retaining the low pressure for engine compartment cooling. This concept will also allow the deck lid to open normally, a feature lacking in the Indy Fiero's air inlet/chimney.

My plan is to complete this modification prior to the engine swap so I'll be ready for full throttle immediately thereafter. I must look good too of course.

I will post several designs for comments as I progress.
Pilot Abileen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what file format do you want i'll download it and upload it here for you to download free
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably want to take comments about downloading paid content to give away for free to PM or email... just sayin'
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, if somebody were to offer me a 3-D model of my '85 GT in an open forum, I wouldn't take it because that's just wrong...... right??
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, ethically, I suppose I have paid for it already by uploading a model of my making. However, if one were to post it, it would be available to others who have not made a contribution. A private email is more ethical I would think, but posting email addresses is taboo here methinks. Nonetheless, if a DXF file were to appear in the mail box of m3wheeler at yah who department of transportation communication I might open it.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gem1138:

Well, ethically, I suppose I have paid for it already by uploading a model of my making. However, if one were to post it, it would be available to others who have not made a contribution. A private email is more ethical I would think, but posting email addresses is taboo here methinks. Nonetheless, if a DXF file were to appear in the mail box of m3wheeler at yah who department of transportation communication I might open it.

And I hope you get it! Honestly, I don't really care what happens, I've just seen others make a big deal out of things like this and everyone's pissed.

Edit: I also misread your post about uploading your own model to get access... I just saw the price for a paid membership being to steep and an offer to download if for you. Sorry for the confusion...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-22-2013).]

Pilot Abileen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i give to that community and everything downloaded is creative commons license.i am not taking credit for the individuals work and am not reselling it, i am merely purchasing it and gifting it to a member to use for personal use. nothing ethically wrong with that and all abides by their creative commons license.
blacklotus923

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blacklotus923Send a Private Message to blacklotus923Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for dredging this topic up from the deep... I've had my eyeball on that particular model on cadbrowser for years, and I've submitted a few models to try and get a download of it, but every time I get a rejection letter back (even though they end up putting my uploads on the site anyway). Since that's the most detailed fastback model I think exists out there, and I know of several members on the forum that are dying for a detailed model of a fastback with some of the internals and frame modeled as well (in order to remove the body and design their own panels), might I beg you to upload this model as a 3DS Max file? If it's as detailed as it looks from the wireframe, this should be available to the entire forum and you'd be doing not just me a favor, but likely making dozens of dreamers' days as well!
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, I will have to check that site out!
PFF
System Bot
Sjuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageSend a Private Message to SjuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the model has been on SketechUp for some time now.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchu...84799c0cac0d72a31ff9

Was able to open it in Rhino3D.

I think there may have been a better one -more complete and detailed- floating around several years ago. Not sure where to find that one.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hav these in 3DS

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using AutoCAD. 3ds would be great!
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gem1138

631 posts
Member since Aug 2007
I only need the GT model but others might appreciate all of the above.
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unable to get anywhere with the .skp file. So Danyel, can you post the .3ds file of the GT?
I am chopping at the bit to work a design for an intercooler scoop, fin and wing combo.

FYI, I uploaded a model to 3dcadbrowser.com and it was accepted, but I guess that unless someone downloads my model, I have no credit to apply for the purchase of the Fiero model on that site.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock