Front spindle dimensions by IdahoGT
Started on: 11-19-2013 01:21 PM
Replies: 6 (556 views)
Last post by: AL68 on 11-19-2013 10:43 PM
IdahoGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IdahoGTSend a Private Message to IdahoGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
Wondering if anyone has dimensions for the front spindle (84 to 87). I'm going to have custom hubs made with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern since I can't seem to get anyone to re-drill the stock hubs. The machinist is asking for the inner oil seal, inner wheel bearing, outer wheel bearing, distance between the two bearings and the distance from the inner wheel bearing to the face of the hub.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think all he needs is a stock fiero hub. From it he can get every measurement he needs. That will also ensure you will reuse the stock fiero wheel bearings, seal and dust cover.

If you wanted to keep the track width bone stock, then you could have him pull the face of the hub inboard the thickness of the rotor hat you will be using, and add the rotor pilot to the hub as well.
IdahoGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IdahoGTSend a Private Message to IdahoGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have done that but they are out of state so I was trying to avoid shipping him one of mine. But, it seems that is probably going to be the best alternative.

Thanks
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IdahoGT:

I would have done that but they are out of state so I was trying to avoid shipping him one of mine. But, it seems that is probably going to be the best alternative.

Thanks

You can buy a new one for about $30 shipped. Buy it, ship it to the shop, have them toss it when done.
IdahoGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IdahoGTSend a Private Message to IdahoGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On its way. Thanks!
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm the only one with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Lots of 5x115 guys. Look at my build thread on here, if you want to see how I did the fronts. I cracked the oem hub when re drilled to 5x114.3, so it's a good thing they aren't doing that for you.

Edit. My method will probably save you over a grand... Vs having someone custom cut you a new one.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 11-19-2013).]

AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I think I'm the only one with 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Nope, I had to go to 114.3 for the wheels I wanted for my 86 GT with the 12" Vette brake conversion.
I used the Bubbajoe corvair/nova front hub conversion re-drilled to 114.3" on the front, Cierra 115mm hub/knuckles drilled to 114.3" on the rear.

Now I'm working on a 114.3" conversion for an 88 I just bought, using Fieroguru's 13" brakes. Looks like the front 88 bearings re-drilled
to 114.3" and Fieroguru's S10 bearing conversion re-driled to 114.3" for the rear.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock