I want to quiet my L67 by Odin
Started on: 11-17-2013 06:04 PM
Replies: 2 (200 views)
Last post by: Odin on 11-17-2013 07:43 PM
Odin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I currently have a L67 with stock manifold that dumps into a 3" pipe to a 3" cat then to a Magnaflow Camaro V8 muffler, that splits to dual 2.5" out, then out to my tips. I really want to quiet it down, I know this setup is quieter than most L67 setups to begin with. There is not much room to work with here, I could possibly put 2 small resonators in the 2.5" pipes after the muffler, before the tips. Will it be worth the effort/cost? Also would wrapping the most of the exhaust with header wrap help to keep noise down even by a few decibels? Any other ideas here?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, to quiet down a 3800SC you would have to custom make an around the engine exhaust system with a CAT and a standard type OEM muffler. There is little that you can do to make the short out the back mini exhaust system quiet but putting an exhaust cone in the pipe to the muffler inlet should lower the tone slightly and perhaps make it more tolerable. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Odin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dennis, I will look into getting those cone baffles.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock