Best 3800 II Source Car by johnnyray401
Started on: 11-17-2013 01:07 PM
Replies: 2 (342 views)
Last post by: sco77 on 11-17-2013 03:58 PM
johnnyray401

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wanting to do a 3800 series 2 swap and trying to figure out what is the best car to get an engine out of. I know some you have to move the alternator... things like that. I'm having trouble finding any information on the differences between years and cars though. Is there any kind of write up on this, or what is everyone's advice?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It really doesn't matter because you will be customizing brackets and stuff anyway, but a Grand Prix and I think a Regal too will have the dogbone bracket that you can modify to work, will have the correct oil filter adapter, correct supercharger tensioner and correct steel oil pan (some other L67 cars will have aluminum which I believe is harder to fit, all L32 engines I believe will have aluminum pans though).. Pick the lowest mile and best looking engine, you can always swap the components on it.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock