Y pipes by 88FieroGT TTops
Started on: 11-16-2013 08:59 PM
Replies: 1 (201 views)
Last post by: mrfiero on 11-16-2013 10:56 PM
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got some sprint headers from a fiero in junkyard--that car was an 87 my car is an 88---will I have to use my Y pipe or the one I got off the 87? What are the differences on the Y pipes between 97 and 88?

------------------
Pat Jones

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroGT TTops:

got some sprint headers from a fiero in junkyard--that car was an 87 my car is an 88---will I have to use my Y pipe or the one I got off the 87? What are the differences on the Y pipes between 97 and 88?

The Sprint headers don't know (or care!) what year your Fiero is, so you can use your existing Y-pipe. There are some slight physical differences between the '88 and the '85-'87 Y-pipes.....different heat shielding, O2 sensor location and how it attaches to the downpipe. If you ever do swap out your '88 y-pipe for an earlier one you would also need the down pipe from that other car to make it all work.

Anyway......it's all moot. Just bolt those suckers up and enjoy!
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock