Interior color questions by gtoformula
Started on: 11-14-2013 11:00 PM
Replies: 4 (485 views)
Last post by: 88FieroGT TTops on 11-16-2013 07:04 PM
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaClick Here to Email gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is a '86 GT. I am refinishing parts of my interior. PO had changed some of the colors to charcoal. I have installed replacement gray door panels, carpet and floor mats. The dash was badly cracked. I found a good replacement and have painted it the stock gray/black paint scheme with SEM paint. I just pulled the dash and all the related parts. My question is what color should the gear shift surround, HVAC/radio surround, dash cluster surround and upper gauge pod be? Looks like they are black. Should they be the same gray as the door panels or black? The center console is currently charcoal. Should it be gray, charcoal or black?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing was black.

Here is a nice looking 86 GT with good photos....I think the interior is all stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...05&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-15-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 179
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

. My question is what color should the gear shift surround, HVAC/radio surround, dash cluster surround and upper gauge pod be? Looks like they are black. Should they be the same gray as the door panels or black? The center console is currently charcoal. Should it be gray, charcoal or black?

If you mean the faceplates, they are a brushed metal color/pattern. If you mean the surrounding trim parts, same color as the top of the dash. A Dark Gray.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-15-2013).]

gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaClick Here to Email gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If you mean the faceplates, they are a brushed metal color/pattern. If you mean the surrounding trim parts, same color as the top of the dash. A Dark Gray.

I am referring to the surrounding trim parts. The pod around the main gauge cluster, the plastic back panel to the gauge, the auxiliary gauge pod surround, gear shift surround and the HVAC/radio surround. They are a very dark color ... look black, but I guess that they might be dark charcoal. I have just refinished a dash in two tone ... dark upper surface and lighter gray on the lower areas. Has anyone painted the panels that I listed above the same color as the lower dash area? I am not trying to create a custom dash ... just want to have a monochromic color in the interior instead of a mix of grays and black. Looking for opinions.
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsClick Here to Email 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTs have a 2 tone dash--the top is a dark gray and the bottom is a lighter bluish gray, a close match would be to go to a hobby store that sells TAMIYA paints--look for "German Gray" also known a "Panzer Grey"---this is a pretty dark gray that is almost a perfect match---but also the Fiero Store has paints made for the fiero that is a perfect match

------------------
Pat Jones

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock