Price of complete doors? by AL87
Started on: 11-10-2013 03:52 AM
Replies: 10 (267 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-12-2013 11:47 AM
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have someone who wants to buy the doors off my 87 GT

it has power mirrors, power window and power locks.
everything functions as it should.

I don't know what their worth is and I'm looking for a fair price to ask.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he needs them and you don't you should give them to him for free.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask Dave at the Fiero Farm.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

This statement otta shock the 0/T crowd into action. Perhaps the more capitalistic approach would be to negotiate. Condition has a lot to do with it, as well as supply and demand. Shipping is a problem on large parts....so you may indeed want to charge a low price if the buyer is willing to pick them up.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For reference Pick n Pull yards sell complete doors for $50 @.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

This statement otta shock the 0/T crowd into action. Perhaps the more capitalistic approach would be to negotiate. Condition has a lot to do with it, as well as supply and demand. Shipping is a problem on large parts....so you may indeed want to charge a low price if the buyer is willing to pick them up.

I've given plenty of things away for free... but definitely not because someone said I "should."

He should do whatever he wants with them.

As far as price, I think ~$150 is pretty reasonable assuming the right buyer since it comes with all the options on it.

I gave away a set of manual doors though to someone who was looking to build an SCCA car and wanted no options.
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the guy WANTS to just pay a fair price...

that includes the labor that will go into taking them off.

I figured about 100 even for the door, and labor costs.

he will pick them up when I get them off my parts car.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
75 to 100 depending on condition pulled, is more than fair. Condition would also consider the shape of the glass. If the glass is good, then he's getting a deal

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$150 is a good, fair price for a complete good working door. On newer cars, I have to pay from $250-$450 for a complete used door. I sell something like that as local pickup ONLY. It will cost that much again just for shipping any distance. Worse I had was $500 shipping for a windshield....but then it was for a Lambo.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

What would be the point of parting out cars if not to sell the parts. The MN crew exchanges parts all the time, sometimes for money and sometimes not.

Now a real jerk move would be if someone had just given it to you for free, as a favor, and then you turned around and sold it. That would piss me off.

Edit: Failed to detect sarcasm... Use or something next time man!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 12-26-2013).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If need doors... likely needs cross-connect wiring harness. too.
You need to pull out the entire dash to get access.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock