Lower intake question by Lilchief
Started on: 11-08-2013 02:02 PM
Replies: 8 (280 views)
Last post by: Francis T on 11-12-2013 01:18 PM
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious about the tube that runs from the upper intake neck to the lower intake. How does it tie into the runners, just one or all of them ? The reason I'm asking is I have a trueleo intake and had it plugged, well the plug rotted and created a big leak but it ran alot better at WOT. Almost broke the slicks(drag radials) loose when it hit 2nd gear.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vacuum leaks aren't as big of a deal at high RPM... if a big vacuum leak gave you more power up top, fix your tune...

I am pretty sure it is just a hole drilled all the way down the center of the lower intake to provide IAC air... I don't think they'd leave the cylinders unbalanced.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you asking about the EGR TUBE ? or a rubber line ?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the idle air tube. There's supposed to be an L shaped tube from the back of the TB to the fitting on the lower intake.
The fitting just opens into the front of the lower intake, IIRC.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The idle air passage in the lower intake branches out to each intake port. The cold-start injector also squirts fuel through those same passages.

edit to add: If you get better WOT performance with a vacuum leak, then your tune is probably too rich at WOT.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 11-08-2013).]

Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the rubber tube. The AIT and TPS were both bad also, so there's one rich problem. This is with a GN 59mm TB, guess it could still use more air.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The idle air passage in the lower intake branches out to each intake port. The cold-start injector also squirts fuel through those same passages.

Thanks. Been a long time since I looked at a stock lower.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does everybody have me on 'ignore' or something?

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That small line goes to fuel reg under the plenum. Send me an e-mail and Ill send you vacuum line layout drawing. rspiderii@aol.com

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[/URL]
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page