Wide-Body Help!!! by merc144
Started on: 11-07-2013 08:53 PM
Replies: 11 (464 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 11-09-2013 07:35 AM
merc144

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for merc144Send a Private Message to merc144Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was minding my own business on the way home and a woman decides that she wants to be where my car is....so she hits me hard and pushes me into the car in front of me and sends that car into the van in front of him.

I'm fighting with the insurance company on the value of the car. I sent them 17K in receipts and they pretty much blew those off. What I need is recent sale or appraisal of a wide body fiero. If anyone knows of something like this please get back with me soon. This has been going on since Sept.

Below are some pics of my poor car.

------------------
1985 Fiero SE, 4.9 V8 Coversion.
1998 Fiero GT 3800 SC Swap in Progress
1999 Kawasaki ZRX 1100

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey buddy sorry i am just getting back to you.

Chuck aka MotorTV has the car that is closet to yours. I need to call Archie tommorow anyway and i will see if he can get chuck to give you a call if he has done an appraisal on his car.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to see the damage...hope this gets resolved soon.

Have you tried just paying for an independent appraisal? For a couple hundred dollars you could present the paperwork to them for assessment. This is different than just handing the insurance company receipts...they don't look at it that way. The appraiser could write a report stating pre-accident value of vehicle.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From a website I used to have up, Screwed By insurance.com. (would love to have the time & money to put it back online):
Auto Repair Bill Of Rights:
http://web.archive.org/web/...tobillofrights.shtml
You DO need to get an independent appraisal. Get a rental car now & then remind them the longer they screw around the longer you'll be driving on their dime. Don't tale any s**t from them. I'll bet you can't replace that car for less than 30 grand. If they balk, ask them if they preferred you were driving a $300,000 Lamborgini...
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the last wide-body I heard going off was from barret Jackson for an IMSA.. it did not go for a lot though.. I'm sorry for your loss BTW I really liked that car
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam that car is cursed!! How many times are you going to rebuild that body??
Did you see the IMSA for sale for 2000? we could be bro and sis. [you would be sis;P]
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin,
Did not see the IMSA, send me the link. This is the first time my car has had any damage to it so you must be thinking of someone else in the club buddy.....

------------------
85 MadArch Widebody Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by merc144:

I'm fighting with the insurance company on the value of the car.

Whose insurance company ... yours or the responsible party's? If you have collision coverage, your insurance company's responsibility to you depends upon how you insured the car with them. If you just insured it as an ordinary Fiero, you paid premiums for an average Fiero and they will only pay up to the "fair market value" for an average Fiero. The responsible party's liability insurance, assuming they were insured, is responsible for the full amount your actual loss. You will almost certainly need to pay for a professional appraisal before this thing is finally settled. (All this assumes that Texas is not a no-fault state.)

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-08-2013).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two words........ "agreed value".
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/067725.html

hummm thought it fell off a trailer or something.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Two words........ "agreed value".

Good idea, but it's too late now in this situation.
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if it's the same in the States, but here in Canada if you're rear-ended, the guy's insurance who's rear ended you pays for the damage to the back of your car and the front of his. However, even if through no fault of your own you are subsequently pushed into the guy in front of you, your insurance pays for the damage to front of your car and the rear of the guy in front of you although it's not deemed to be your fault so your rates don't change.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock