3800 sc engine shudder by Bodyman39
Started on: 11-05-2013 10:01 PM
Replies: 4 (132 views)
Last post by: Bodyman39 on 11-06-2013 07:50 PM
Bodyman39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bodyman39Click Here to Email Bodyman39Send a Private Message to Bodyman39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800 sc that has shudder in the engine when I push the throttle hard and fast, but if I push it a medium fast steady push it revs up smooth with no shudder any help would appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaClick Here to Email gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the same issue. Replaced the trans mounts with 1" lowering mounts and the problem disappeared. If you have the stock mounts the driver side will sit too high and the drive angle will be too high.
Bodyman39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bodyman39Click Here to Email Bodyman39Send a Private Message to Bodyman39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I should have been clearer on discription this happens while in park so I'm sure it had something to do with engine. Thanks for reply
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 360
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Darth FieroSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you say this "shudder" is a hesitation of the engine to accelerate if you "mash the gas"; or is the engine just acting like it is cutting out completely and then turning back on?

Does this shudder occur at a certain RPM point every time? (if so, what rpm?)

Other questions:
1) What transmission are you using?
2) Any aftermarket performance mods or bone stock?
3) What year PCM are you using and who custom tuned it (or is it stock)?

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 11-06-2013).]

Bodyman39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bodyman39Click Here to Email Bodyman39Send a Private Message to Bodyman39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The PCM is from a 1998 Gtp has not been programmed engine is stock I believe tranny is 4t65e. The happens when you mash throttle all the way to the floor all at once. Doesn't do it when you push gas at a moderate rate,could this be a fuel issue when I checked with gauge it was about 42-45 at idle

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock