|Originally posted by Macarchie:|
Thanks for the input guys... The adjuster works fine, I loosened it up back when I replaced the rear calipers. The disconnect is the problem. I'll try the vice grip approach. One of the guys at work suggested throwing a little heat on it to try and loosen it up also. I have a spare cable on the donor car (I will ensure that it is usable before I cut the disconnect or the cable.)
They are easy to find, I always just put a flat bladed screwdriver in between the two cables and twist, that will open up the clip I guess they call it and allow you to remove the cables a lot easier than trying to do it the right way if its frozen. then just replace it with a new one if it brakes or anything else.
They have a couple of tabs on the back side of the open end of the clip, if its not to rusty you need to bend them back just a tad to allow the cable balls to be moved into the center before they will come out. you only really have to get one out so worry about the one you need to replace if that is what you are doing. Try not to brake the little clip off or you will also have to replace the clip as well, because that is all that holds the cables in if the cables get slack.
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.
[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-06-2013).]