Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Using 3.4 TB. Would F-body throttle cable be long enough??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Using 3.4 TB. Would F-body throttle cable be long enough?? by retroman
Started on: 10-31-2013 04:52 PM
Replies: 2 (89 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 10-31-2013 06:54 PM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided to try to use the 3.4 intake and TB with my swap, but the TB accepts a different type of connector on the cable than the Fiero TB. I don't have a F-body throttle cable lying around, so before I buy one, I just wanted to ask, is it long enough?? and Are there any other issues with addapting it?? Of course, I am always open to other solutions as well. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F-body throttle cable will be very short. It only has to go from the bellhousing area to the throttle body, where as the fiero it has to go through the passenger compartment and then into the engine bay.

If the stock V6 throttle cable is too short, then the 88 4cyl throttle cable is about 1 foot longer.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

I decided to try to use the 3.4 intake and TB with my swap, but the TB accepts a different type of connector on the cable than the Fiero TB. I don't have a F-body throttle cable lying around, so before I buy one, I just wanted to ask, is it long enough?? and Are there any other issues with addapting it?? Of course, I am always open to other solutions as well. Thanks.

Have you tried to see if there's any way to use pieces from the Fiero's throttle body onto the Camaro throttle body? Like the mounting bracket? I don't have one in front of me, but it should just be bolted on...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock