lower the rad? by northstar
Started on: 10-31-2013 10:14 AM
Replies: 6 (246 views)
Last post by: northstar on 10-31-2013 09:05 PM
northstar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can the rad be lowered at all in the front?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the rad sits on a rubber gasket on the cross member. It would take experimenting unless someone has found the way. I don't know why though, when a correct size 3 core is about $300

Arn
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thanks arn..we are taking the original rad out now
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can. I used a 68 Nova 3 core in my V8 swap by setting the lower mount down 2" and back enough maintain the same angle the stock rad sits at. I welded up some offset spacers to do this. I widened the stock upper mount slightly and opened up the opening for the cap a bit. The rest was plug and play.

Sorry, no pics. I went back to the stock V6 rad when I changed over to the DOHC motor.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by northstar:

Can the rad be lowered at all in the front?

It would take a little modifying, but it certainly could.

Here is a picture of what the radiator support looks like:

It's attached by four bolts... so technically you could just install spacers and I guess you could feasilbly install a taller radiator.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made new radiator brackets to fit a 26x19 in place of the stock 24x16, so yes it can be done.
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I GOT LUCKY ON THIS ONE..ALL WE NEEDED to do was to remove the top rad hold down and move the fan dow the rad a little, that gave me the rite amount of clearance thanks all

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock