Winter ride build by bigbad1ton
Started on: 10-31-2013 12:01 AM
Replies: 4 (141 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-31-2013 07:08 PM
bigbad1ton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigbad1tonSend a Private Message to bigbad1tonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May have to pull the engine from my 88 and can't leave it at work on the lift. Will an 85 subframe bolt in so I can roll it back out the door?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not see why not. If you just need it to move it around it should not be an issue. But im no expert on that matter.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bigbad1ton:

May have to pull the engine from my 88 and can't leave it at work on the lift. Will an 85 subframe bolt in so I can roll it back out the door?

It will... HOWEVER, the McPhearson struts won't mount up properly to the top of the shock towers in the trunk... not sure how that will affect it, but the four subframe bolts will match up.
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not for a Fiero, but using 20' of 2x12 and eight heavy duty casters from Home Depot I made a totally ghetto but totally functional car dolly for moving around cars without suspension. Total cost was around $80. It could have been cheaper, but I used the beefiest casters Home Depot had since sometimes I end up moving cars in excess of 3000lbs. For a mostly stripped Fiero, much cheaper casters could probably be used.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by thesameguy (edited 10-31-2013).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock