how to 4T60 and my 383 by garage monster
Started on: 10-30-2013 11:32 PM
Replies: 2 (170 views)
Last post by: FFIEROFRED on 11-01-2013 11:21 AM
garage monster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for garage monsterSend a Private Message to garage monsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 383 and the Getrag with an Archie kit. Can anyone provide a link o a build for the sbc and 4T60 or info on how to make the swap?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Short answer is you need an Archie auto adapter plate and supporting hardware.

The Archie adapter plates are different between the auto and manual kits. The auto is thicker and has a different starter mount method because the auto kits use a 142 tooth ring gear and the manuals use a 153 tooth ring gear.
FFIEROFRED

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDClick Here to Email FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The archie kit, for the auto, use's a engine to trans adapter, a crank to flex plate adapter, a archie flex plate, a starter mount that is not the same as the man trans kit. I did one of the 1st sbc to over drive auto swaps with his kit. I had him make me a custom drivers side axle so I could keep the v belt in side the frame rail. It was a lot of work. It was worth it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock