What aftermarket speakers do you have? by rbell2915
Started on: 10-30-2013 08:24 PM
Replies: 37 (1555 views)
Last post by: rbell2915 on 11-17-2013 06:00 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting ideas right now on what kind of speakers I want, and I'd love to hear what other people have done.

I think I would want this for the dash speakers, I'd mount them by using fierosound's diagram in his audio thread.

I'm curious about what to put on the B-Pillars also. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our fleet of four uses Memphis Audio, Infinity, Alpine and Pioneer. They all sound good.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You usually can't go wrong with MB Quart speakers. I have them in my GT and won SQ awards.
MB Quart website http://www.mbquart.com/mbquart_speakers.html

The FSB-213 has very good reviews from purchasers on Amazon.
They should play well even with just power from the deck.

http://www.amazon.com/MBQUA...System/dp/B004XCCA86
http://www.onlinecarstereo....MB_Quart_FSB213.aspx

It's hard to get big bass from a 5-1/4" speaker of any brand, though some are better than others.
Are you running a subwoofer, factory or other?

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-31-2013).]

rcm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcmSend a Private Message to rcmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced mine with 4x10 kenwood.Really sounds great.Cant go wrong with a name brand speaker.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Polk Audio. Great stuff at good prices.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with fierosound and dobey. MBQuart will sound pretty good and so will Polk. I like both though I prefer Polk. One thing to be aware off, the MBQuart look pretty deep and with the magnet diameter you may end up needing to modify the HVAC duct on the drivers side. Sometimes if the speaker is deep enough and the magnet large enough in diameter it will hit the duct there and not "go in" all the way. Easiest way to fix it is to use a heat gun to warm that corner and then just dimple it in until it clears.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcm:

Cant go wrong with a name brand speaker.

I suspect a lot of Fiero owners have no idea that the cones of their original dash speakers have half rotted away.

Anything sounds better than that, even the cheapie Pyramid speakers I installed.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

You usually can't go wrong with MB Quart speakers. I have them in my GT and won SQ awards.

It's hard to get big bass from a 5-1/4" speaker of any brand, though some are better than others.

I currently do not have a subwoofer. I have almost everything needed for the factory system.

Originally posted by Khw:

I have to agree with fierosound and dobey. MBQuart will sound pretty good and so will Polk. I like both though I prefer Polk. One thing to be aware off, the MBQuart look pretty deep and with the magnet diameter you may end up needing to modify the HVAC duct on the drivers side. Sometimes if the speaker is deep enough and the magnet large enough in diameter it will hit the duct there and not "go in" all the way. Easiest way to fix it is to use a heat gun to warm that corner and then just dimple it in until it clears.

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll keep my search up, but I'm ok with doing that
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's what I had to contend with when I installed mine. I had bought some inexpensive Dual 5.25" and the magnet hit the HVAC duct. I didn't have a heat gun at the time, so I cut the corner out of the HVAC duct and then used some fiberglass resin and a small peice of matt to cover the hole. If I had it to do again, I'd buy a heat gun. However, I eventually replaced the Duals with a set of Polk seperates until I sold and i put the Duals back in it and kept the Polks. The Polks are now in my wifes Mazda.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-01-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Kenwoods and Kickers.
Make sure you have a stereo or amp that puts the power at least in the nomimnal range for the speakers, a factory radio doesnt push many watts.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I could not possibly agree MORE... MB-QUARTs are probably the best and clearest speakers I've ever heard.

Although I don't have them in my Fiero, I do have them in my 2002 Crown Victoria LX. I did a full stereo install in my Crown Vic, but keeping the factory head unit. I went all-out, getting a signal processor to bring back the low frequencies that are "muted" in the factory speaker output. I've got a set of 4 6x8 MB Quarts, with a single 5.25" mid-range MTX. I have two amps totaling 600 amps, and everything is totally hidden so that the car literally looks totally factory from everywhere inside the car, including the trunk, and even the engine compartment. That said... the bass is pretty spectacular. I've had 12" subs with 1000 watt amps in my 73 VW Bus that would shake the doors off, but the quality of sound that comes from those MB Quarts simply cannot be beat.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing that I often think is overlooked when upgrading components, is ensuring that the frequencies are what you expect. The MB Quarts go as low as 40hz, and as high as 32,000hz. The sub goes as low as 22hz. Even with these ranges, you have to make sure that all the equipment you're working with will be able to properly support those frequencies. You also don't want to overdrive or underdrive your equipment.

For my Fiero though, I went very conservative. I have a stock 1992 Pontiac Bonneville CD player with the factory Fiero subwoofer system, but I replaced the subwoofer with Rodney Dickman's kit. The front speakers are 4x10 Pioneers which are decent, and my rear speakers are a set of BOSS 4x6" speakers.

I would say that my Fiero has a "VERY GOOD FACTORY" style system. The quality is excellent, certainly not like what I've done in my Crown Victoria, but I just wanted something that works, works well together, and sounds great without going crazy or having to modify too much.

Here's a link to my Crown Victoria system: http://www.pontiacperforman..._Stereo_Install.html

And here's a link to my Fiero page with the stereo and speaker upgrades: http://www.pontiacperforman...roSE_Electrical.html
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I have two amps totaling 600 amps

Damn! How does your charging system keep up with 600 amps? Oh wait, that must be a typo... You must mean 600 watts.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn! How does your charging system keep up with 600 amps? Oh wait, that must be a typo... You must mean 600 watts.

I have 10 alternators!!!

Hahah... crap, yeah, I meant 600 watts. Sorry.

I also blew a ton of money on stereo equipment, speakers, wiring, custom work, etc... on my Porsche 944... and then sold it a couple of months later... pretty sad

One thing I forgot to add... the speakers in the B-pillar of the Fiero are basically (more or less) exposed to the elements in notchback vehicles. The vents behind the sail panels will in some cases allow water to actually infiltrate into the speaker area... like if you're in a car wash or something like that. When I finally replaced and removed my old factory speakers (like Patrick said), they were pretty damaged. Surprisingly, the foam wasn't deteriorated or broken, but it had water discoloration, and clearly was somewhat warped.

The pictures below don't show it very well, but one other thing you'll (the OP) want to contend with is the spacing and depth of the speaker. When I replaced the B-pillar speakers, there wasn't a lot of room. These BOSS speakers (and whatever he choses) will want to make sure they are no more than say 1/4" deeper than the factory speakers. I also used an XTC foam enclosure to help protect the speakers for the future. Again, fairly cheap speakers, but I got them on huge discount, and they work really well with the factory system. They far exceed the stock speakers, but are by no means MB Quarts.

You know, I'm kind of surprised by the price. What am I missing here? MB Quarts used to be over $125 a speaker, and yet this entire kit is less than $70. I was looking at the specs, and kind of noticed that the frequency range isn't want I'm used to seeing on MB Quarts. The ones I have in my Crown Victoria go as low as 40hz... and some of the others (back in the day), would go as low as 30hz. It seems to me that these speakers (the ones in the link) would likely miss a lot of really low-level stuff, like if you were listening to Prodigy or something like that.

I heard that MB Quart was bought out by another company several years ago... maybe Pioneer? I heard rumors that what they've started doing is simply rebadging their old speakers as MB-Quarts, while not actually meeting the level of performance that MB Quart is known for.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 11-02-2013).]

gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MB Quart was bought out by maxxsonics a while back. They make decent stuff still but its by no means the MB Quart of old. Its fairly cookie cutter stuff now.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtjoe:

MB Quart was bought out by maxxsonics a while back. They make decent stuff still but its by no means the MB Quart of old. Its fairly cookie cutter stuff now.

Damn, that's what I was afraid of... this really bums me out. I know that what I ordered was legitimately "real" MB Quart speakers. The quality is unmatched. They were no-frills in terms of design... none of those crazy Transformers looking speaker grills... just real quality speakers. Oh well... nothing lasts forever I guess.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtjoe:

What I installed in my GT in 1992 - and STILL sounding great! These are in my dash in the 4x10 hole.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221...id=p3984.m1438.l2649

Pics here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...041015-1-042070.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-02-2013).]

Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Kenwwod 4 x 10s and 4 x 6s with Rodney's subwoofer. The stock speakers were in pretty good shape, but the subwoofer was a mess.
I think that the small Fiero cabin space is more conducive to a fairly mild amount of sound, unless you want to blow out your ear drums. Thus, I'm very satisfied with the replacement speakers and the updated cd player from Replacement Radio.
bb
gtjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I installed in my GT in 1992 - and STILL sounding great! These are in my dash in the 4x10 hole.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221...id=p3984.m1438.l2649

Im familiar with your setup, and dig it a lot.(and plan a simular setup with some other old school car stereo gear I have been colecting for a while, after I do an engine swap)Those definately were some great speakers.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know, I'm kind of surprised by the price. What am I missing here? MB Quarts used to be over $125 a speaker, and yet this entire kit is less than $70. I was looking at the specs, and kind of noticed that the frequency range isn't want I'm used to seeing on MB Quarts.

I did mention this. Even within a brand, there will be variance between their different models.

In my GT I am using my MB Quarts in a 3-way system through a KEF crossover.
I have OZ Audio mid-bass speakers plus the sub-woofers so there's no "hole" anywhere.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-03-2013).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did mention this. Even within a brand, there will be variance between their different models.

In my GT I am using my MB Quarts in a 3-way system through a KEF crossover.
I have OZ Audio mid-bass speakers plus the sub-woofers so there's no "hole" anywhere.

Well, I guess the point is that MB Quarts aren't what they used to be. Kinda bums me out.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MB Quart was Bought by Maxxsonics, and while they aren't what they where through the 90's and early 2000's they are still good, and affordable. The older QSC series was amazing and if you can find them you won't be disappointed

with most of the new MB quarts they seem to have better than average mid-range on lees power than most other brands & by other brands i'm talking $$$ like Dynaudo, Morel & Rainbow. mostly because while they where bought out they still have 20years of design & engineering behind them and a whole stack of patents. And there metallic bassed tweeters are very efficient.

Are you using an Amp?

It has been my experience that a Cheep speaker with decent power behind it will be more rewarding than a great speaker that can't get enough power. (Think it's called Headroom)

I also don't care for Rear speakers, when you close your eyes the music should be in front of you not behind you, If you have an amp spend that rear speaker money on the front speakers, and if you don't have an amp put it towards that.
PFF
System Bot
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 11-03-2013).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

I also don't care for Rear speakers, when you close your eyes the music should be in front of you not behind you, If you have an amp spend that rear speaker money on the front speakers, and if you don't have an amp put it towards that.

You sound alot like me. I usually disconnect the rear speakers in a car and if they are in the rear deck I remove them so there is an opening for the soundwaves from the sub to enter the cabin. When i go to sell the car I put them back and hook them back up, but like you I prefer most of my sound to come from in front of me.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

MB Quart was Bought by Maxxsonics, and while they aren't what they where through the 90's and early 2000's they are still good, and affordable. The older QSC series was amazing and if you can find them you won't be disappointed

with most of the new MB quarts they seem to have better than average mid-range on lees power than most other brands & by other brands i'm talking $$$ like Dynaudo, Morel & Rainbow. mostly because while they where bought out they still have 20years of design & engineering behind them and a whole stack of patents. And there metallic bassed tweeters are very efficient.

Are you using an Amp?

It has been my experience that a Cheep speaker with decent power behind it will be more rewarding than a great speaker that can't get enough power. (Think it's called Headroom)

Don't know if the whole post was for me (I don't want to steal the thunder here), but a couple of things:

1 - The MB-Quarts that I have in my Crown Victoria are the Discus models, "DKE." Although I bought new, they were NOS... I think they're from the late 90s.
2 - The tweeters in them are metallic, and while efficient... they can be very piercing. The quality of sound is so crystal clear, that I often don't realize how loud the volume actually is. For the first few weeks I had them installed, my ears were ringing constantly.
3 - I do have an amp. I have a 400 watt amp for the four MB Quart speakers, and then a separate 200 watt amp (bridged) for the single sub.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh...
I'm using Pioneer TSA-4103s in the dash, and still have my original stockers in the B pillars. I'm using a later GM CD headunit however.
Another Fiero friend who rode with me asked if I had the performance sound system. (I don't.)

I also had a pair of Kenwoods to compare. The Pioneers just sounded better.
Of course, this won't win any competitions, but it's fine for day-to-day tunes.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I also had a pair of Kenwoods to compare. The Pioneers just sounded better.
Of course, this won't win any competitions, but it's fine for day-to-day tunes.

Not really that uncommon of a result. Personally, I don't like Kenwood speakers (excluding subs as I've never really had experience with them so I can't judge) as over the years they've always seemed very lacking on lower extension when compared to other brands and kind of tinny in the upper region. I've known lots of people who have bought them and I've installed them for them, but I've never cared for the sound. I often wonder if people listen to the speakers before they buy them or just buy them because "Kenwood is a name brand so they must be good". I've often had people hear other brands after they bought Kenwoods and wished they would have bought something else.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...Personally, I don't like Kenwood speakers ... they've always seemed very lacking on lower extension when compared to other brands..

That's exactly what I noticed when compared to the Pioneers.
I believe my words were something to the effect of, "Jeez! These things don't have any bass..!"
I was really surprised that the difference was so dramatic. I liked the Pioneers enough that I went out and bought a second pair for my other Fiero.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

That's exactly what I noticed when compared to the Pioneers.
I believe my words were something to the effect of, "Jeez! These things don't have any bass..!"
I was really surprised that the difference was so dramatic. I liked the Pioneers enough that I went out and bought a second pair for my other Fiero.

I've done a LOT of stereo installs over the years in the many cars that I've owned (all cheap project cars). I'm absolutely not an expert... but frequency is something that a lot of people don't look at when putting together components. It can make or break a system. For good low-end sound, you really need components that support a low frequency (22-35hz at least).

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard that circular speakers are better than the oval ones, why is that? And that MB Quart speakers I'm looking at have a frequency response of 50 - 32,000 Hz. Is that good?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

I've heard that circular speakers are better than the oval ones, why is that? And that MB Quart speakers I'm looking at have a frequency response of 50 - 32,000 Hz. Is that good?

Round speakers are usually less distortion prone.

50 hz is decent, but honestly... I'd want something that was more like 40hz for the main speakers. 32,000 is very good though... I don't even think our ears can hear that high.

Todd
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

I've heard that circular speakers are better than the oval ones, why is that?

An oval shaped cone is more prone to flex than a circle shaped cone. This as 82-T/A [At Work] said can create more distortion.
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Relisted on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OLD-...ADME:B:WNARL:CA:1123

bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kenwoods front and rear. Have had them since about 2001 and I can't complain. I also have a small amp pushing them.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Relisted on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OLD-...ADME:B:WNARL:CA:1123

Those are awesome speakers. They are the same model speakers that my friend installed in his 1992 Ford Escort GT way back when I was in highschool. They were such awesome speakers.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pioneer 103s (three way 4 x 10 speakers) in the front and Boston Acoustics 4 x 6 plate speakers in the rear give me good sound with reasonable cost using a stock head unit.

Nelson
rcm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcmSend a Private Message to rcmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought these kenwoods because they sounded good.I do have a jvc cd head unit though.But I always had pioneer
and alpine years ago.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-05-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

50 hz is decent, but honestly... I'd want something that was more like 40hz for the main speakers. 32,000 is very good though... I don't even think our ears can hear that high.

You're going to have a hard time finding 3.5"-4" speakers that dip down to 35-40 Hz on the low end. In the low-mid price range. You're going to have to get 5.25" or larger for that.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A member on here (Bruce) graciously sent me a pair of 4x10 2-Way Kenwoods and a pair of 4x6 Boss speakers and I just finished installing them. Thanks again!
They sound SO much better than the stock ones and there's no distortion at higher volumes than before.
The stock speakers were pretty destroyed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock