what goes to this part?? by maybenot
Started on: 10-30-2013 08:17 PM
Replies: 10 (279 views)
Last post by: maybenot on 11-01-2013 06:54 PM
maybenot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys,
while going over all my vac lines, i noticed a long hexagon shaped tube next to the iac valve. it has nothing connected to it, but looks like something should.
no issues, no codes, car runs smooth, just curious if/whatgoesthere.
thanks
sorry, thought i updated profile to include this, but no---1985 v6

[This message has been edited by maybenot (edited 10-30-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is where one of the two throttle body heater lines is supposed to attach to, but it sounds as though a previous owner decided to remove them.

maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok. is it necessary? and yes there are a lot of things the previous owner did. where does it attach on other end?
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No don't need it. I removed mine like many others have and have had no problems at -15F.
The lines ran over to the thermostat housing.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read this thread before deciding: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130740.html
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i am actually in the middle of my heater situation(cut hoses and such). i have no issue bringing the system to what was intended especially after that thread referenced.
i assume the lines go to the 2 small ports at thermostat which i found capped. i see where 1 line goes, where does 2nd line go? also what type of lines? can i use hose?
and lastly, it is just any 1 line to any port or does order matter?
thanks.
johnny
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt it matters which direction the coolant flows through the TB so it probably doesn't matter which lines get connected to the specific ports at the thermostat housing, however, the line with the long brass adapter goes to the Tee'd off tube that comes off the heater core supply (you can see it under the large radiator hose nipple). The other line connects to another nipple that's hidden behind the thermostat housing as (sort of) shown in this photo:

I don't think it would hurt anything if you were to replace the steel lines with rubber hoses... the system only ever reaches a maximum of 15 psi so there's no danger of rubber hoses bursting or anything like that, provided you don't use thin walled vacuum line.
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks,
1 last question, i located 3 of the 4 ports/nipples. 2 on thermostat neck, and 1 with brass by iac. where is last one?
once i replace final chopped off heater hose onto waterpump(first gotta get pipe onto waterpump ) i will attack this.
especially with winter around the corner.
you know bloozeberry, you should drive your car once in a while, that engine looks sweet.

[This message has been edited by maybenot (edited 10-31-2013).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last one is on the front side of the throttle body. If you want a stock set of lines, I have one. You'll need to remove the upper intake to install it. I can also provide new gaskets for the upper intake.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just took a bunch of photos while it was still clean... it doesn't look like that anymore.

Here's what you're looking for:

maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
aaah, now its clear. much easier than when i was feeling back there, trying to be extra careful of vacuum lines.
thank you VERY much for the offer of the stock lines, however, taking the top off and re-installing is above my comfort level right now.
i gonna stick to screwing in some adapters and connecting a thick walled hose to them. right after i get water pump details ironed out.
but thank you again, thats very generous of you, and thanks to all that offered their help and advice.
and i will update this thread with pics hopefully when done.
johnny
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock