1988 radiator fill neck location by luckyfasteddie
Started on: 10-27-2013 08:56 PM
Replies: 6 (321 views)
Last post by: luckyfasteddie on 10-29-2013 08:37 PM
luckyfasteddie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luckyfasteddieSend a Private Message to luckyfasteddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a rat rod pickup that I have put a 88 Fiero V6 engine in the back . There is a thread about it started by Jake Dragon about 6-7 years ago . I need some info . Mounted in my truck the top of the water filler neck on the block is higher than the cap on the radiator . Is it this way in the stock position ? In other words is the radiator fill lower than the block filler neck .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it is that way in a stock fiero
luckyfasteddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luckyfasteddieSend a Private Message to luckyfasteddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much .
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS ONE?? It's a beautiful thing!

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Fiero... Rad cap is a low point. Below the engine heads etc.

Mod truck... If rad cap is mounted high/higher that engine... check both fill caps to see which one is higher on level ground. Remember, Water always searches for level.

Fill to low cap then cap it.
fill the rest then cap it.
Filling Fiero See my Cave, Coolant Fill
also See my Cave, Radiator Caps If rad cap is low then always needs non-vent rad cap.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eddie, there's a prescribed fill procedure for the Fiero, just because of what you described.

Remove the radiator cap and pour your coolant into the thermostat housing. The thermostat should be removed. When coolant flows out the radiator cap, tighten it.
Continue to fill at the thermostat housing until full.
Install the thermostat cap, leaving the thermostat out, and tighten only to the first click.
Start and run the engine until the discharge hose from the thermostat housing feels warm.
Remove the cap, top off the coolant, replace the thermostat and cap. Tighten until the arrow aligns with the discharge hose.
Fill the recovery reservoir to a level halfway between Hot and Cold level indicators.

Ogre beat me while I was typing, and giving the Granddaughter a bath, but I'll leave it up anyway.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 10-28-2013).]

luckyfasteddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luckyfasteddieSend a Private Message to luckyfasteddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock