Power mirror by NiotaFiero
Started on: 10-27-2013 04:40 PM
Replies: 3 (200 views)
Last post by: NiotaFiero on 11-02-2013 06:35 AM
NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do you go about getting the wires for the power mirror reconnected in the door panel?

[This message has been edited by NiotaFiero (edited 10-28-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
John W. Tilford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must be missing something - Bambi tore off my passenger side power mirror and Fiero Factory sent me a replacement. When I removed the broken mirror housing from the outside door panel, the wires to the mirror were connected to the wires from the door by a simple black plastic, male/female connector. I had to "fish" it out to where I could get to it, but there was enough slack that it was not a big deal.

------------------
John W. Tilford

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NiotaFiero:

How do you go about getting the wires for the power mirror reconnected in the door panel?

If you pull back the carpet just forward of the door inside (drivers side or passenger side, whichever side you're working on), there is a little rubber square that's stuck onto the side... almost like Dynamat. This pulls back exposing a large hole which you can fit your fingers in. This will give you access to be able to fish the wire into the inside of the rubber boot, and then back into the door. You'll want to remove the door panel to properly fish the wire. Make sure you try to work it with the window down, that way you can be sure you don't accidentally put it through an area where it'll get caught by the window.
NiotaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John W. Tilford:

I must be missing something - Bambi tore off my passenger side power mirror and Fiero Factory sent me a replacement. When I removed the broken mirror housing from the outside door panel, the wires to the mirror were connected to the wires from the door by a simple black plastic, male/female connector. I had to "fish" it out to where I could get to it, but there was enough slack that it was not a big deal.

. Mine doesn't seem to have any slack in the wiring but I'll try again. Thanks
Okay, the wiring that is attached to the mirror has a clip together connection inside the door, when I replaced the mirror I separated the connection here (mistake) I should have separated it inside the car and connected a wire and pulled the whole thing through the door, reconnected the new wiring and pulled it back into the inside of the car , but I didn't, so I pulled the wire inside the door, into the inside of the car,released it from the connector inside the car then threaded a piece of weedeater line from inside the car,through the rubber between the door and car body then duct taped the wiring to the weed eater line and pulled it back into the car and hooked it back up, now all is well.

[This message has been edited by NiotaFiero (edited 11-04-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock