Almost had a bad engine fire start by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 10-27-2013 03:37 PM
Replies: 2 (169 views)
Last post by: yellowstone on 10-28-2013 04:22 AM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok like the title says today i started up the fiero and was getting ready to head out as i smelled a burning smell coming from the rear compartment. So i shut the car off opened the deck lid and seen smoke coming from in between the firewall and exhaust manifold i looked in between and saw a burnt leaf got caught in the heat shield. I do park under a tree since its the only spot in the parking lot i can. Is there something missing that goes on the decklid to stop the leaves from getting in there and setting it up in flames. I know its not oil leak burning cause i already redid the valve cover gaskets
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.fieronews.net/fu...alls/fierorecal2.pdf

Note the removal of the 'rubber dust seal' from the rear deck. If you keep it on the car, it stops leaves from dropping on the engine. The only problem is that you have to clean it out before you open the deck, or you get 3 weeks worth of leaves dropping on the exhaust manifold. Most Fiero buyers were not doing that.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 10-27-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you can get Mike Freed's (mwfreed1@aol.com) water diverter if he still makes them:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock