Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  How do you remove the T-top plastic roof moldings? (plastic strips in the back)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How do you remove the T-top plastic roof moldings? (plastic strips in the back) by smartaxel
Started on: 10-24-2013 08:44 PM
Replies: 2 (287 views)
Last post by: smartaxel on 10-25-2013 06:22 AM
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to swap a Fastback section onto a T-top notchback. I DO NOT want to break the plastic moldings on the read of the t-top roof. I have to remove them to pull off the rear notchback section. Does anyone have some good ways to remove them without causing them damage? I know they're usually glued down with a ton of glue, and most likely brittle. I wasn't going to do this, but with only one Fiero now, I really want it to be a fastback. Please throw out any tips or tricks you're used.. Or if someone has a cheap set of these, let me know.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used fishing string to remove the ones on my 87GT t-top. I just used the string to cut through the caulk as I slid it under the pieces. There are supposed to be six clips holding those two pieces on, but mine didn't have any, just lots of black caulk. As far as I know mine have never been removed since installed by a C&C authorized installer. They did use a rivet for the one that is on the bottom where they meet in the center - the upper one covered it.

I went slowly and hoped for the best and didn't break anything.

Good luck!

You still sell reproduction end caps?

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 10-25-2013).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I was thinking some type of wire but I didn't know how to get past the clips. I don't sell them anymore but "camel" on this forum does. At last he was still selling them about a year ago.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock