Newer ac delco radio by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 10-23-2013 10:19 PM
Replies: 10 (1510 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 10-26-2013 06:53 AM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so im looking for the 90's style ac delco radio's to put in my 85 gt but im wondering which pontiac's came with the cassette player style most i seen all have cd i want one that i can use my cassette adaptor. Plus i like the cassette cause it makes it look like its still 80's technology but newer can anybody help me out on this and which one would be the best to get im going to a local bone yard on the weekend that has tons of 90's-newer pontiac's mostly have grand am's bonne's, grand prix's, sunfire's, and a little bit of f bodies
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I have a cassette player out of a 2000 grand am. lights orange, no EQ but has separate bass/treble. If i can find it, it's yours...free.
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

donuteater306

688 posts
Member since Feb 2010
I apologize, it's a CD player like the one pictured here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIC...em3cd772a16a&vxp=mtr
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paulv has one for sale: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/067599.html
I was actually considering it since I DO have a lot of cassette tapes...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put an '88 Buick cassette radio in my Fiero about three years ago and it looks good and sounds good as well. I recommend changing the drive belt in the cassette deck as well as getting some contact spray and clean volume and tone controls.

My radio came from the Colorado Springs Upull Upay and cost me $10-$15. They are good radios and I highly recommend them.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old Lar's link is a very good place to get a radio. The major problem with the later radios is the volume control. It often won't increase or decrease volume when you turn the knob, then suddenly it over-reacts. Replacement radios have been thoroughly serviced and the volume-tuning board has been replaced if needed. You can also get the plug and play harness with antenna coax reducer at the same time.

The radio style that donut eater has was available on up past 2000.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I apologize, it's still a CD player... BUT... it's the SAME style as the upper-end radios found in the 1987-1988 Pontiac Fieros.

This radio (in the picture below) came from a 1991 Pontiac Bonneville. The button style, led coloring, everything, is identical to the high-end cassette player with EQ for the Fiero. It uses a 21-pin connector, but you can easily buy an adaptor for it as I have:

http://www.pontiacperforman...lectrical.html#RADIO HARNESS

Another option is if you want to keep the EXACT model radio that's in your car, you can always get an identical replacement one off eBay that has been modified with the AUX jack.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been wondering about the monsoon radios im wondering if i would need to grab The speakers also for it work correctly anybody ever do that style in there fiero i know grand am gt's have them they also have cd and cassette built into them pretty sweet if u tell me
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Old Lar's link is a very good place to get a radio. The major problem with the later radios is the volume control. It often won't increase or decrease volume when you turn the knob, then suddenly it over-reacts. Replacement radios have been thoroughly serviced and the volume-tuning board has been replaced if needed. You can also get the plug and play harness with antenna coax reducer at the same time.

The radio style that donut eater has was available on up past 2000.

What he said x3

I have a 90s cassette in my firebird dash and I've bought three of these cassette radios so far and they all have or developed the volume issue. Also the belts are probably bad if they haven't been replaced. I highly recommend buying the refurbished ones versus the random ones off eBay. I tried to save money and ended up wasting money on eBay.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of the Pontiac am-fm /cd radios in my 88 GT and the volume control developed the control issue Replacement radios has a kit for the fix, ($20 I think) but I just sent the radio in and it was fixed by someone who knew what they were doing Maybe $40 cost.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock