timing way off by rcm
Started on: 10-18-2013 04:11 PM
Replies: 2 (149 views)
Last post by: rcm on 10-18-2013 06:48 PM
rcm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcmSend a Private Message to rcmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok the high idle is still going so I thought I would check timing.Jumper aldl and waited till warmed up and it was set tdc which
is 10 degrees off.I did the procedure and got a 9.5 btdc.I suspect the po had the timing retard that much trying make it idle.
Did the idle stop reset,replace iac.Start the car and it stumbles for 20 seconds,then idle fluctuates,then goes to 2k rpm.
When it gets up to temp and the fan comes on it will idle right down to 1k rpm.As the fan cools the rpms will come up to 1200 rpms.
Its like the cts is not sending a correct temp or something.Checked for codes and there isn't any.Any ides?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the temp about 235 when the fan comes on?

If you have an old thread teh best thing is to continue that, I'm not sure the history of the prob.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-18-2013).]

rcm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcmSend a Private Message to rcmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont really know because gauge only goes to 120 or so that's on another thread.I did find out the rubber hose by dist on intake
was leaking around the nipple on the metal pipe going to tb.I sprayed carb cleaner around again and found that small spot when sprayed
would make idle go up a few hundred rpms.So I just replaced it with clamps and it still around a 1k to 1100 of course it is not running from cold start.
I don't think by looking at it the fan switch has been changed to run cooler.I do have charging issues (another thread) but I charged battery
to 13.8 volts to give me time to see if idle works.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock