Door skin repair by raysr11
Started on: 10-18-2013 01:13 PM
Replies: 3 (542 views)
Last post by: raysr11 on 10-18-2013 08:31 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on an '84 SE I picked up cheap. It has a broken off mirror on the drivers side. When it was broken off a piece of the door skin went with it. A piece between the mirror and the top of the door, about 3/4 to 1" wide and 4-5' long. Can that small piece be fabbed and glued in or do I need to get another skin off any Fiero as other years won't fit '84's, and cut that piece out and glue it in? I don't have much experience with fiberglass.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These parts are not fiberglass. It would be best to find another door panel (you will need an '84). You can epoxy that part in and such, but others will have to chime in. I had this on one fiero and I just glued it back in with some epoxy and didn't even bother finishing it off. It looked ok for a daily driver
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just replace the entire door skin, why bother with trying to repair the plastic? If you can't find an 84 door skin, you could just replace the entire door with another year.
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock