Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  gmtuners pcm diagram has slight variations. any advice?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
gmtuners pcm diagram has slight variations. any advice? by fisherlr777
Started on: 10-16-2013 11:23 PM
Replies: 7 (211 views)
Last post by: FieroNate on 10-18-2013 02:16 PM
fisherlr777

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most All Of The Wire Colors Match Perfectly, But There Are Several That Don't. My Next Plan Is To Plug The Harness Back Into The Engine And Check All The Harness EndS And Colors Myself. Thanks for Being SuchAn Awesome Forum!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is probably some differences from harnesses from different cars and years.. Screw the colors, just worry about matching the correct pins.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, match the pins and trace the wires. Don't depend on colors.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Yea, match the pins and trace the wires. Don't depend on colors.

Agreed.

Even the Factory Service Manuals have typos in them, so the most important thing is where the wire is terminated on each end.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't Capitalizing Every Word Get Tiring? I Had To Backspace A Couple Of Times Typing This Because My Brain Won't Do It Consistently...
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not all harnesses used the same colors.

Black or Red/Black for the IAT ground
Black or Orange/Black for the MAP ground
Pink or Pink/Black for the switched +12
Tan or Tan/White and Purple or Purple/White for the O2 sensor leads
Purple or Purple/White for one of the VSS leads

It's how GM made them.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something else to note is GM sometimes used different pins on the same PCM for the same end job in different applications. Example: There are several sensor ground and 5 volt reference pins PCMs commonly used in different applications (GM added extras into the PCM hardware - more than were needed for any one application). Not every application uses the same ground and 5v reference pins. These ground and 5 volt reference outputs generally do not change with different programming so they can be used in any application as you see fit.

But as a general rule - if you follow my wiring instructions to the letter, everything should work fine.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 10-18-2013).]

FieroNate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having similar issues with my 87 GT 5 speed. I've posted a new thread, drop over and take a look.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock