Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Fuel Pump Hotwire/Wiring Question (3800)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fuel Pump Hotwire/Wiring Question (3800) by hinesb1890
Started on: 10-14-2013 09:49 PM
Replies: 5 (579 views)
Last post by: hinesb1890 on 10-14-2013 11:38 PM
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have removed the hot wire wiring for the fuel pump from the harness of my donor car (which had a 3800 swap). The connector to the fuel pump is 4 pin where my stock 88 connector is 3 pin. Here is a picture of what it looks like...

The two wires on the far right went to the harness. Here is my stock plug.

My question is whether or not anyone knows how I should splice the two wires into my harness which has three wires?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would just redo it all together that looks sloppy.. But if you must use it then maybe just find a connector pigtail and resplice it, from the looks of the picture the extra pin just seems to be a spare ground.

Pink = gauge
Tan = output (Relay 87)
Black = Ground
Relay 30 = Fused HOT
Relay 85 = Ground
Relay 86 = PCM C2-3

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad this thread came up as I wanna add this since my swap is out. I am using Darths page to wire it up but dont understand step 8. Can someone explain this to me...

sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Glad this thread came up as I wanna add this since my swap is out. I am using Darths page to wire it up but dont understand step 8. Can someone explain this to me...

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I think what he means is to change the wiring so the PCM relay output routes directly to the relay, rather than through the oil pressure sender first.. That step is for stock conversion not for 3800 swap where you redo it all anyway.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I think what he means is to change the wiring so the PCM relay output routes directly to the relay, rather than through the oil pressure sender first.. That step is for stock conversion not for 3800 swap where you redo it all anyway.

Ok...so I dont need step 8 since I am swapped. That is what I was thinking but electrical is my weak point. Thanks
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Electrical isn't my strong suit either, where can I find the relay port numbers? How do I know what wire PCM C2-3 is? I won't be able to work on it until this weekend so I may have more questions later...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock