Stock '84 Duke Specs. HELP! by kmd85
Started on: 10-14-2013 07:17 PM
Replies: 1 (90 views)
Last post by: KillerFrogg on 10-15-2013 01:43 AM
kmd85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmd85Send a Private Message to kmd85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to make primary header pipe length and diameter calculation.

My engine is an '84 completely internally stock.
These are the values I'm seeking, I have some and I'll list them so you can tell me if they're correct:

1. Stroke. 3"?
2. Bore. 4"?
3. Number of Cylinders. 4 obviously!
4. Exhaust valve diameter in inches?
5. Exhaust valve opening point in degrees?
Exhaust Valve Opening Point is given in degrees before bottom dead center (BBDC). Entered values should be greater than 0.
6. Exhaust valve duration?
7. Exhaust valve center line in degrees?
8. Peak power RPM. 2800 rpm?
8. Volumetric Efficiency?

The values I came up with are from http://www.automobile-catal...iero/fiero/1984.html
I will be using the calculator found here http://www.wallaceracing.com/header_length.php

Any help in finding these numbers or the formulas/ procedures to calculating them would be awesome. I know there are some smart cookies out there on the forum. And you can save the Duke trash talk, I've heard it all before
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KillerFrogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, your bore and stroke number are correct. Fortunately, My duke is still in one piece in my car, so I can not give you any of the other numbers, sorry =/

Lol ok I'll save the trash talk, but out of curiosity, what are you attempting to do to your 92hp paper weight? (lol ok. I'll be nice now)

I am actually a bit interested, as after I am done with my Fiero, I am going to have a full '84 drive train, and front and rear suspension left over, just begging to have a tube steel frame build around it and turned into a gokart/buggy/open wheel death trap.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock