Bosch twin nozzle fuel injectors? by ricksmastermix
Started on: 10-13-2013 10:28 AM
Replies: 2 (190 views)
Last post by: ricksmastermix on 10-13-2013 08:28 PM
ricksmastermix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricksmastermixClick Here to visit ricksmastermix's HomePageSend a Private Message to ricksmastermixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Cadillac CTS 3.6 VVT engine has Bosch twin nozzle injectors. I was wondering if these might be used on my 3.4 dohc engine. Has anyone tried this modification? And, if so, with what result?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which 3.6 engine exactly?

The LY7 as well as the LLT and LFX were all offered in the CTS. The LLT and LFX are direct injection though, so the injectors for those engines would certainly not work well on a 3.4 DOHC.

For the injectors from the LY7, if the diameters at both ends, fuel pressure requirements, lb-hr ratings, and voltage/resistance requirements are the same, they should work. But I doubt it would be worth the trouble of swapping them. Also, the intake and heads on the High Feature V6es (of which your CTS has), are quite different from the 3.4 setup. The injectors are angled and positioned differently than they are on the 3.4.

I'd say even if you could make them work, it's not really worth the cost/trouble. There are other injectors which do fit, and have been used to provide more fuel to turbo 3.4 DOHC installs, in the past; which are probably cheaper, and certainly easier to install.
ricksmastermix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricksmastermixClick Here to visit ricksmastermix's HomePageSend a Private Message to ricksmastermixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The purpose of the twin nozzle is to supply better fuel atomization, not more fuel. My engine is the LY7, but it's my understanding that all of the v6 engines for the 2009 CTS use the same injector. I was just wondering if anyone had looked into doing this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock