3.4 dohc engine harness by bonaduce
Started on: 10-12-2013 10:48 AM
Replies: 2 (186 views)
Last post by: bonaduce on 11-19-2013 11:50 AM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question for Erik, or anybody who has had a harness built by him. When he did my harness ( 3-4 years ago maybe more) there is a orange wire that comes out of the harness by the ecm, and i believe it is supposed to be connected to either the fuse block or clutch switch, but I have lost all the instructions he had sent me with the harness, and all the pms we had back and forth were saved on a previous computer, that is long gone. I also remember something about a wiring trick to fake out the clutch switch to keep the engine from possibly stalling during shifts. God it sucks getting old, and only getting to work on the car every 3-4 monthes. Any help appreciated thanks.

dan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The LQ1 ECM clutch switch input should have +12v on it when the key is on and the clutch is at rest.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally got a chance to get back out to the garage, found a piece of tape that belonged to this orange wire, it said "D22, clutch". Do I wire this directly to the clutch switch or to any 12 volt input that has a constant charge with key on.

dan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock