turn signals by luckymidget43
Started on: 10-12-2013 08:36 AM
Replies: 3 (121 views)
Last post by: luckymidget43 on 10-14-2013 12:26 AM
luckymidget43

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luckymidget43Send a Private Message to luckymidget43Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a 86 v6 se.. I have read all the turn signal topic's but didn't see my problem. First off I have checked my fuse and they are good. I was going to work and all was fine had been using them along the way then all of a sudden they would stay lighted up like maybe the bulb had blown . I get to work and cycle the lights all the bulb work but don't flash.
So that evening get off start the car and the turn signals work for a min. and then again have that dead bulb action . So on my way home I pulled the tilt down past that last gear tooth and it went back to were it should be. Well next thing I know the turn signals go back to working for two days and then back to not working. I put a new electric flasher on the turn signal side do I need one on the hazard side. Help. thanks luckymidget43
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bulb(s) on but won't flash... See my Cave, Sneak Path

Check all rear sockets. You need to remove bulbs from the shell/lenses. Turn on park off or turn off park on then only 1 filament is on. Both on then has iffy ground in that socket.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are both sides dying together, or just one side? Do the hazards work?
If you have access to the official service manual, it has wiring diagrams that can help with diagnosing this. Don't bother with the Haynes diagram, I don't know where they got it from but it led me seriously astray. I wouldn't be surprised if they just got out a pen and made it up.

Check that all the sockets have good ground and voltage when they should.
I don't know how often this happens to people, but if it's just one side you're having trouble with, this might apply:
I had a non-blinking problem on one side. I replaced a socket in the front, which didn't fix the problem. I began trying to diagnose a wiring issue (and the Haynes diagram led me off into la-la-land). Then got the real diagram and proved it could be nothing other than a bad ground inside the socket - which had already been replaced.

Turns out the sockets just suck. I had to break open the new socket, and solder together the ground connection (it's in 2 pieces held together with nothing but spring tension). Then JB welded the housing back together, and my blinkers have worked perfectly ever since.
luckymidget43

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luckymidget43Send a Private Message to luckymidget43Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it happens it happens to both sides and as far as the hazards they work fine . I have been working and have not got a chance to break into it but as soon as i can i will give you all info on what i find out. Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock