How do I remove/replace my turn signal replacement by kevin
Started on: 10-11-2013 02:04 PM
Replies: 3 (264 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 10-12-2013 07:18 PM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
I know this has been discussed before, but HOW do I remove my turn signal/cruise stalk? Do you simply pull on it? l hope someone comes to my rescue. HELP!!!!!!!

Cordially,
kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 10-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It simply pulls out. However, a stalk with cruise will have wires attached. You may have trouble getting the wires out. And fishing the new cruise wire down the column will be fun too.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin, DO NOT SIMPLY PULL IT OUT! This is very bad advice as you will never get the new one back in without tearing down the entire column.

You will need to tear the column down only to the turn switch level which will require you removing the lock plate. If you disconnect the stalk wires toward the base of the column (under the dash) be sure to attach a fish tape to the end of those cables and draw them back up through the column. Once that is done connect the leads for the new stalk to the fish tape and slowly draw them back through the column. PM me your email address and I can send you photos of the process. I have done it on 3 columns. It ain't fun but it ain't brain surgery either.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 10-12-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock