Idle hunting and dies by JumpStart
Started on: 10-11-2013 06:53 AM
Replies: 1 (165 views)
Last post by: JumpStart on 10-13-2013 12:00 PM
JumpStart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced the drivetrain after putting in a new throw-out bearing and now the engine starts right up but then I get the service engine soon light after about 3 seconds and the engine starts idle hunting and dies. Its a stock 3800 with the ECM by Ryan. The most logical thing I can think of is that I have broken a connection in the harness going to the ECM or maybe something is unplugged but I cant find either of these.

After I put in the new ECM (before I last pulled the drivetrain) It was running pretty well, but I still had a 102 MAF code and no engine light. Now I still have the one code and the engine light with it idle hunting and dying shortly afterwards.

Any ideas to narrow down the search?

EDIT: I also flushed out the coolant system ,with clean water, which was clean until I installed this engine. After I had flushed it out, I got as much water out as I could and started to fill it with distilled water and antifreeze. I only managed to put in about 3/4 gallon of coolant and 1/2 gallon of water. Im sure I didn't get all the water out but I had read that the system holds about 5 gallons and I cant see there being 3 3/4 gallons of water left in it after draining and blowing it out.
Im guessing there is air in the system?

Thanks, Steve

[This message has been edited by JumpStart (edited 10-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JumpStart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone?
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock