eBay rotors - anybody tried these ones? by NetCam
Started on: 10-10-2013 10:38 PM
Replies: 8 (5314 views)
Last post by: RedlinePlus on 10-11-2013 10:35 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loooking to get new rotors, wondering if anybody has tried these from eBay. Both come in at just over $200 with shipping/customs for all 4 so the price is right.....

ELINE drilled and slotted

Powersport drilled and slotted
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Eline rotors on my GT. They worked really well for a year or so, but now I'm having some braking issues (could be that I have original calipers). I bought the pads and rotors, the pads wouldn't fit, so I contacted customer support and issued me a partial refund and return label. The customer service was good.

-Mitch
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My last 8 sets of D/S rotors came from Ebay. They came from different vendors and were purchased based on price. The first two sets had runout issues on the front before the pads needed to be replaced. I have had no issues with the rotors that were listed G3000 grade, ISO9002, QSO9000 & TUV certified. The zinc plating is a little different at break in but well worth the eye candy behind the wheels. The EBC pads seemed to seat quicker than most on plated rotors. Shop around, the last set cost me $178.00 with free shipping. Just my two cents, hope this helps.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set from Ebay on my 88, but I can't remember the brand. I bought them because my brakes were "pulsating" (from warped rotors), and they fixed that. I really didn't care whether they were drilled/slotted or not, but I got them mainly because they are plated, so that the part that is not rubbed by the pads does not rust, and they look really good behind modern spoked wheels that show the rotors.
I have had them on the car for some time, and found that there is a benefit from the slots. They seem to keep grooves from forming in the rotors as they wear. so that the surface where the pads rub remains flat and "pretty".
Later, I bought a set for my 86. It has the Grand Am/Seville brake mod, so I bought 88 Grand Am front rotors for all wheels. They are also plated, and look good behind the wheels.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RedlinePlus:

My last 8 sets of D/S rotors came from Ebay. They came from different vendors and were purchased based on price. The first two sets had runout issues on the front before the pads needed to be replaced. I have had no issues with the rotors that were listed G3000 grade, ISO9002, QSO9000 & TUV certified. The zinc plating is a little different at break in but well worth the eye candy behind the wheels. The EBC pads seemed to seat quicker than most on plated rotors. Shop around, the last set cost me $178.00 with free shipping. Just my two cents, hope this helps.

Plated like these ones?. They do say ISO9002 & TUV certified, G3000 grade.

Would the gold look good behind chrome wheels?

Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the eBay drilled and slotted rotors and made sure they were zinc coated.
I don't know that the drilling and slotting is especially useful for a Fiero, but I was a sucker for the looks.
Make sure that the rotors are American made, since some of the members have had bad luck with items made in China.
bb
tgmchuck

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgmchuckSend a Private Message to tgmchuckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the R1 concepts on my 88 for about 2 1/2 years now with no issues. Mine is more of a weekend/project car than a daily driver but so far they have performed well. The rears fit a bit tight in the pads at first but they broke in well.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set of slotted/cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads on eBay for about $200 shipped from Hydra Brakes. They are located in Ontario. They even called me up that night at home just to confirm a couple of things. Wow! Great communication for an eBay purchase! The brakes work great, but I haven't had a chance to run them too long. There was also a break-in procedure that I have never seen before...not sure if it is totally necessary, or if the people who have problems with other brakes didn't bother with whatever procedure they were given. I followed the procedure step by step just to be sure.
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea, I believe gold rotors would look great behind chrome rims. IMPO the silver zinc appears kind of blue when compared to chrome.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock