front end Squeek?? by 4thfiero
Started on: 10-07-2013 06:11 PM
Replies: 10 (154 views)
Last post by: theogre on 10-08-2013 01:29 AM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, a thanks to everyone who has helped me finish with these annoying gremlins after my rebuild. I got one more I need help with...

Had my front balljoints and inner tie rods replaced, Also front wheel bearings with dickmans bearings. Question is:

When i go over speed bumps or my ride gets bumpy, my front end suspension squeeks...What could that be? springs? the polyurethane bushings??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does noone know? The mechanic checked my bushings and they are fine, like no play...but maybe something needs to be wd-40'd?
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:
The mechanic checked my bushings and they are fine, like no play

get another shop...

Polly using on control arms are famous for noise problem. Especially when installed w/o enough lube or wrong lube.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, so poly bushings on control arms are not preferred?? Rubber much better?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting, so poly bushings on control arms are not preferred?? Rubber much better?

Time for you to read some archived threads.

I don't know how many times I've read of guys going back to rubber after installing poly control arm bushings.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's lame...the frame i got, came with poly bushings on the arms already.

Can i lub the bushings with wd-40 so they stop squeaking temp? does that work?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one thread on the subject:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030819-2-034309.html
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needs to come apart and use proper lube or they will continue to squeak! Even when Lubed and assembled properly, squeaking can occur.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crap..k replace bushings...thanks guys! really appreciate it
Macarchie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacarchieSend a Private Message to MacarchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I rotate the tires and check the brakes, I spray some silicone spray lubricant on the bushings (every end of every bushing) and a grease gun squirt into each grease fitting. I have had no problems with squeaks since I got her. It is a simple and cheap solution and I like simple and cheap

HTH, Jimmy

------------------
1987 coupe; Blue; 2.5L; 5spd

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not really and yes for most users
search here and See my Cave, Suspension section.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock