Parking brake options? by Sile
Started on: 10-05-2013 01:34 PM
Replies: 6 (304 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 10-05-2013 07:41 PM
Sile

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SileSend a Private Message to SileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a way to install a hydraulic e-brake or any other options then the stock e-brake?

Sorry if it's a dumb question was just curious I have a friend who installed a linelock to do burn outs and was wondering why something like this wouldn't work as a parking brake.

[This message has been edited by Sile (edited 10-05-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hydraulic e-brakes are not legal. Not even on industrial machines. You have to have a mechanical park brake.
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have heard Lokar Performance Products had one, but I can not locate a complete kit. I can only find their hand levers and cables, etc.

I also have hear Brembo makes some for foreign applications, and may be very pricey.
Sile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SileSend a Private Message to SileEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't matter to me if its legal or not just want to know if it will work to adapt a linelock or something as a parking brake.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a number of linelock kits out there that work well, but remember...the "parking brake" is also your emergency brake. The reason for having a mechanical linkage in addition to the hydraulic system is so you have the ability to stop the car in the event of a hydraulic failure. They are only a hydraulic system enhancement....not an additional braking system. Linelocks really should only be used to hold the brakes while you are launching the car at a higher start rpm.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes they do work, however any loss in line pressure will cause the brakes to release. Also the constant pressure on the brakes will cause the seals in wheel cyls or calipers to fail. I used them for years until OSHA banned them.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You want my old thread. If you want the conversion bracket, email Dave. He doesn't check his forum messages very often

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-083566.html

Good luck with it

Arn

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock