Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  GT with a perfectly good 17k mile engine, yank it and put in a LX9 3500 (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT with a perfectly good 17k mile engine, yank it and put in a LX9 3500 by jcmiracle_man
Started on: 10-04-2013 07:32 PM
Replies: 121 (3246 views)
Last post by: jcmiracle_man on 07-06-2014 07:18 PM
jcmiracle_man

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jcmiracle_manSend a Private Message to jcmiracle_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should never need to adjust timing during cranking. The ICM controls the timing until IIRC about 600 rpm. Below that the ICM just uses 10* advance.

Thanks, that was the info I needed.
I've played around with cranking fueling quite a bit. I made it a little better but backfiring through the intake I'm pretty sure has to be ignition timing. I'll try moving the crank sensor and adjusting the offset.
IP: Logged
jcmiracle_man

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jcmiracle_manSend a Private Message to jcmiracle_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]
Worked great got that bolt out of the head easily.

Installed poly bushings in the dogbone. Sway bar link bushings were a perfect fit since I used the smaller diameter W-body dogbone parts to make mine, O.D. was perfect drilled out I.D. and reinstalled. Now I'm just waiting on the rest of the mounts from Rodney. My last notification said they shipped Friday. But that was a holiday so I doubt it. Hope they come soon, I'm dead in the water till then.

I adjusted the Crank sensor at the crank 2 marks back. I believe that's 4 degrees. It now starts easily no backfiring or bucking the starter. I'm thrilled. Now I either need to shift the spark map that much or is there an crank angle offset entry I can adjust instead.
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock