Rims 5 bolt by newfiejeff
Started on: 10-04-2013 04:49 PM
Replies: 8 (300 views)
Last post by: newfiejeff on 10-07-2013 06:27 AM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will all 16 inch rim Pontiac 5 bolt rims fit the fiero?
http://www.nlclassifieds.co...undland-NLCId1129277
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, only wheels with a bare minimum 5x100mm lug pattern. Those wheels in your ad are 90's era Grand Prix wheels and they have a different lug pattern. Second, wheels for the Fiero need to have an offset within a specific range.

If you use the search function at the top of the page for "wheel fitment" you will find a chart that lists a wide range of wheel widths and offsets and you can see how such a combination will fit on a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by lateFormula (edited 10-04-2013).]

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply and here is another stupid question, could I get away with 5X110 17 inch bolt pattern?
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfiejeff:

Thanks for the reply and here is another stupid question, could I get away with 5X110 17 inch bolt pattern?

The 5, yes.
The 17, yes.
The X110, no. The X110 is the diameter of the bolt circle in millimeters. So with a bolt circle of 100 on the axle, a 110 bolt circle is 10MM too large. They will not fit.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True. They HAVE to be 5x100. Nothing else is an option without adapters. (Not even gonna go there.)
But there are tons of wheels with the same fitment as our cars. (5x100, 57.1mm centerbore.)
Basically, anything that will work on a VW New Beetle will work just fine on most of our cars. (88 fronts are a little odd.)

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about 225/45 17 inch tires, I have a chance at buying those
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With proper wheels, 225/45/17 should fit.

It looks to me like you are looking to buy used equipment for your car. While I see nothing wrong with buying used wheels...and even used tires can be a good deal...I wouldn't recommend deciding what size you want by what used tires are available to you. Tires are a wear item, and will need to be replaced at regular intervals...so going by what is available now isn't necessarily indicative of what will be available (or even desired) when it is time to replace them.

So...assuming we are doing this on a budget, this is how I recommend you go about it.
1. Decide what width tires you want: For example, I wanted 215 front and 225 rear on my Fiero.
2. Start searching for rims that will fit in a diameter range that is acceptable to you. For example, I wanted 16-18" rims.
3. If those rims come with tires that will work for now....bonus. For example, I found a set of 16" Grand Am wheels that were a perfect fit, and came with a set of four cheap 215/55/16 tires.
4. Buy new tires in the size you want...either right away, or once you wear out the ones that came with the rims. I wore out those cheap tires and replaced with new, front are now 215/55/16, rear are 225/55/16.

In short...Rims are long term, tires are short term. Therefore, make sure the rims are truly what you want...THEN worry about the tires.

And no thread is complete without pics....so here is the car used in the examples above:

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big thanks for the reply and sharp looking car, is that an 85?

I think I am going with 17 inch rims, anything in particular that I need to look for? Tire size I am going with 225/45 17 inch new ones as of right now, probably won't get them until next spring. I am ordering in the rims today, they are a grey in colour going out of stock sale, so I can get them for half price.

I guess my only concern about asking all of this would be the tire rubbing the vehicle while turning sharp. I compared this tire to the 14 inch and both are not much difference in overall size just a little wider.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock