rough idle a few seconds after start up 03 3.8 sc /88gt by tomsablon
Started on: 10-04-2013 04:39 AM
Replies: 3 (128 views)
Last post by: tomsablon on 10-06-2013 07:33 PM
tomsablon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it starts fine. then after about 20 seconds as it idles down It starts to sound as if its running out of gas. if I shut it off and restart it's fine from there on out. at first I thought fuel pump. but i thoroughly cleaned the tank with new pump and sender unit as well as fuel filter when I completed the swap job a year and a half ago . everything is bone stock including the exhaust mans. it's connected to a getrag 5spd. other than that seems to run good although it idle is somewhat unsteady. it changes 50 rpm and has a slight "thawking: sound when it warms up. I guess a miss. nothing shows up when I do a scan. excuse me in advance if I don't reply right away, with work and all. tom
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anybody?
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like This?

tomsablon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll check the vac lines. if good then i'll replace that . thanks, tom

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock