Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  What all wiring do I need from my donor Buick?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What all wiring do I need from my donor Buick? by fisherlr777
Started on: 10-03-2013 06:28 AM
Replies: 4 (152 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 10-03-2013 01:47 PM
fisherlr777

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan to have my PCM sent off for a re-program, VATS delete, Rear o2 delete, probably EGR delete.

I have the engine, auto-trans, PCM, and i'm still deciding how much of the wiring harness i need for my project.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually grab every thing from the fire wall forward so I have all I need with extra wire and loom if needed. Also grab the data link connector from under the driver's dash. Dan
fisherlr777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply, I love your 'usually' talk. This is my first serious car project outside of years of study and medium-understanding of all the automotive systems.

I would love to bypass the need to send my PCM off for reprogramming, I'd love to be as in-touch with this project as possible. I really just need to delete VATS, EGR control, and rear o2 sensor.

Thanks again for reply.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have a donor car grab every single wire that connects to anything related to the engine, computer is usually in the passenger compartment so you may need the stuff under the dash as well. not a Fiero but we did Buick engine change once and we had to get all the wires under the dash, including airbag computer or the dam thing wouldn't start.

Good luck

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You didn't say what year Buick but anything 96+ the PCM is under the hood.

I really just need to delete VATS, EGR control, and rear o2 sensor.

Have someone who knows what they are doing reprogram it. It is less expensive and they will do it right the first time. Traction control? BCM interface? Correct the VSS input so your speedometer reads accurately? You don't want the MIL light on all the time.

You don't need anything under dash other than the OBD2 connector.

If you are interested I do build plug and play swap harnesses - http://reddevilriver,com - email - gofast@reddevilriver.com

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 10-03-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock