Started on: 09-29-2013 09:42 AM
Replies: 4 (200 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 09-29-2013 01:47 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1987 fiero 4cyl /auto runs, has miss when warm but that's more than likely tune up parts, doesn't smoke, trans shifts but that's why it's there, at the moment it has like 3qt overfilled.. so it's a core,
interior) dash small rip at the lower corners (1/8th" deep 1" long) seats need new covers but are repairable,headliner saging and sunroof leaks but floors are solid,hell whole car is, console front half fair, rear half is warping,(needs to be glued, but no rips, door panels fine but dirty
exterior) rear bumber cover has a dent 1foot in from side,(heat gun and some tlc and it'll pop out, roof panel cracked at windshield and sunroof, more like a small piece missing like 1/4" round in both places, showing fibers,(looks like someone took a flathead screwdriver to the edges and brock off small pieces fixable if I was going to use it,pass side pillar at fender smashed 1.5"(fender top up), p/side fender ripped near pillar, door nicked but fine.. rest is as Pontiac made it. deck lid separated at lock end needs to be reglued
electrical) light work motors go up and down, fan comes on when hot(yes I ran it that long) holds coolant,wipers work, gauges work, didn't try heater motor, radio is there but some jackass took it out and cut the wires instead of unplugging the connectors, there are a few newer g.m. that I could drop their radio in it as a going away gift..
brakes work but I'm guessing with 100k that they are wasted, tires are good enough to dolly it home and that's about it.. steel wheels (14")
tank has a divit at the rear but holds fuel and doesn't leak, not rusty, I can fix the dent to reuse, coolant lines both sides good, p/side small line that comes off p/s main line is bent down ,my guess is when they moved it with the forks on the earthmover they hit the line and tank
they want 600 bones for it.. the cradle and front a arms /etc have no rust, rack looks clean, to clean like replaced at somepoint clean..
THey said they have the title and that's a plus but I'm looking to get the engine for my INDY and maybe make this one a parts car or a project 3800 swap
not sure I's worth 600 bones.. I'm gonna try for 400.oo is 600 fair if I can't get them to haggle? they said while out at the front for 800.00 it never moved, so they gave up and put it in the cage,
hell I'm gonna try for 300.oo but that might get laughed at.. most likely be going back Monday to haggle, so please reply asap..

Thanks for the help...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its worth that in parts, but it depends on what they are willing to take what you can get it for now doesn't it.

that said if the trany is 3 quarts over full, did I read that right? it is smoking the clutches in the trany, to much fluid makes the trany fluid foam and doesn't keep the clutches lubricated enough and will burn them up. try dropping a vacuum pump down into the fill tube and drawing out some fluid, it won't make the trany any good but it may let you get the car to move.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

85 SE VIN 9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$300 for a tow-ready Fiero seems about right
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the '87 is a different engine from the '84. May open up a can of worms (wiring, balancing?) putting it in the Indy. Plus, you really want to keep the Indy as stock as possible if you're keeping a 4 cyl. in it...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what you describe will be worth different amounts in different parts of the country. Here, I have a choice of 2 1988 5 speed cars for $500 each (not all broken and dented) I'd say 4-500 for what you describe is about right

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock