front gt 40 style scoop wanted by northstar
Started on: 09-25-2013 09:58 PM
Replies: 11 (666 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-28-2013 11:16 AM
northstar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen alot of upside down scoops on the front hood.looks like the ford gt 40...must be there to let the hot radiator fan air out..they look great I want to find one. Thanks c note..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for your future reference, it is called an Extractor, not a scoop.

I always recommend Tha Driver's "Angel Vent" extractor. In my opinion, it is one of the bbest looking body mods avaliable for our Fieros.

Link: http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass/

northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the reply..it seems to be quite the install..ill have to give it some thought..
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem

Good luck! I'm sure others will chime in with other options
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent. I have a finished hood that I am selling.

Dave
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theyre quite a bit smaller than a GT40. Theres a bulkhead in front of the spare tire, so you only have inches to make one that actually works. One even close to the size of a GT40 would just open your spare tire and front storage to the weather. Mine only has the front frame, brakes and gas tank so weather dont matter.

heres my 'GT40'

n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Theyre quite a bit smaller than a GT40. Theres a bulkhead in front of the spare tire, so you only have inches to make one that actually works. One even close to the size of a GT40 would just open your spare tire and front storage to the weather. Mine only has the front frame, brakes and gas tank so weather dont matter.

heres my 'GT40'

What GT40? There's a GT40 in that pic?

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by northstar:

I have seen alot of upside down scoops on the front hood.looks like the ford gt 40...must be there to let the hot radiator fan air out..they look great I want to find one. Thanks c note..

The scoop is not upside down, its right side up, but built to vent air out, not scoop air in.

I have Tha Drivers extractor scoop on my car. Its not that difficult, just takes patience, and lots of it.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086123.html

Rob
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great "Hood Ornament" !
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Great "Hood Ornament" !

Be careful.....that is probably his granddaughter

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No an X gf. Shes married with a kid now.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by qwikgta:

The scoop is not upside down, its right side up, but built to vent air out, not scoop air in.

I have Tha Drivers extractor scoop on my car. Its not that difficult, just takes patience, and lots of it.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086123.html

Rob

Real GT40s have dual side by side fans under it to suck the air thru radiator and out over the hood.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock